Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #1451
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I may be wrong, but I thought they had stated production piece of it was one at San Diego.
That's correct.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #1452
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It's going to be hard to say 100% for sure but the odds are pretty good that someone out there will get theirs before you do and post pictures online.

But basically they're going to send you an email a ~week or so before your order is charged and shipped so if you don't see anything before that, you're just going to have to look at what you've seen up to that point and decide. Surely there will be an "Out of the Box" video before that showing a production piece but I guess only you can know how much you choose to fully trust those videos.

Oh and I just looked at that Spider Gwen.....yikes.
So when I get their email, I still have time to cancel ? That Spider Gwen was a big disappointment.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #1453
NuSoard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
So when I get their email, I still have time to cancel ? That Spider Gwen was a big disappointment.
Banner23, your comments made me look up the thread updates for Spider Gwen and OH MY GOD MY EYES.
I'm in the same boat as you, super worried.

I have a question, though. In the case of something like that happening, doesn't SS have a policy of waiving the NRD and/or cancellation fee if the final piece is markedly different from what was promised? I'm sure they have their own criteria, but still. If nothing else, I know they accept returns.

This WW statue's beauty is going to be heavily reliant upon subtle painting techniques. The one they claimed was a production piece looked slightly, slightly downgraded, but that could have been the lighting, and it still looked great. I guess we'll see...
NuSoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #1454
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoard View Post
I have a question, though. In the case of something like that happening, doesn't SS have a policy of waiving the NRD and/or cancellation fee if the final piece is markedly different from what was promised? I'm sure they have their own criteria, but still. If nothing else, I know they accept returns.
They accept returns yes, but I'm not aware of anything they have in place like you mention above. And even if they did it would have to be entirely on their end, they're not going to let the buyer define what "markedly different" is from statue to statue.

Anyway in this (and pretty much all) instances, there's not much any of us can do besides look at the production piece videos/pictures that come out and make a decision based on those. In MOST instances I would say there's going to be someone who gets the statue before yours is charged/shipped and posts stuff online for you to make a decision from.

Basically when it comes to Sideshow you really need to take that "Prototype" thing to heart. Some end up looking REALLY close to what the prototypes show (recent Wolverine) some, uhh......not so much. But I would say the great majority of statues are in the middle of that where it doesn't look exactly the same (and rarely ever can/will when you consider how those prototypes are created) but are very close and I would say an acceptable creation when putting mass production into consideration.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #1455
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I have a question, though. In the case of something like that happening, doesn't SS have a policy of waiving the NRD and/or cancellation fee if the final piece is markedly different from what was promised?
If you're lucky, you might be given a "one-time courtesy refund".
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #1456
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
I don't think they usually waive NRD and cancellation fee even if the production piece looks vastly different from the prototype. But, I did hear cases where it did happen. I think it really depends on which customer service agent you are talking to. In most cases, they only waive the cancellation/NRD fee if there was more than the two month delay from the initially promised time or the first cancellation.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 AM   #1457
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Best to contact customer support first BEFORE placing the order and paying the NRD and or using rewards points. Discuss and document concerns with a paper trail/email. I did this with a statue before as I was worried the production would be vastly different from proto and was using hundreds in rewards dollars (didn't want to lose the rewards or be stuck with a substandard piece). When production pieces started hitting this forum and I noticed a significant difference, the NRD and points were credited back without issues. This is even with the overwhelming average purchaser willing to accept the differences...and reviews were very positive...
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:56 AM   #1458
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Yes if it is markedly different and SS's agree's they will, also there is a "one time courtesy" as gothamite says, but in my experience a few years ago they give you a 'one' time courtesy regardless if there is an issue or not, not sure if its different now.

IMO though i think WW will turn out excellent.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #1459
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
If you're lucky, you might be given a "one-time courtesy refund".
i think I had like 6 "one time courtesy refunds" lol
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #1460
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Unfortunately i've lost more than my fair share of NRD's.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote