Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #21
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
I read THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE, n i think i'm converted to this genre.. my first zombie book..
I think i'll give Day By Day a shot..
previously it was just Stephen King and Dean Koontz that i ever read..
( btw, loved Koontz' Phantoms when i read it back in 2000 )
You got to. I promise you'll really enjoy it. I'm sure Amazon will run a deal on both Day by Day Armageddon and it's coming sequel as a twofer. Report back after you finish. I'd love to read what you think.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

Finished the sequel to, i.m.o., the greatest Zombie novel ever written - J. L. Bourne's Day By Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile was a very satisfying sequel to his Day By Day Armageddon. This one picks right up where the 1st lets off. The world is 99.9% zombified and our hero, an extremely intelligent Air Force Col. is forced to deal with his environment. Still taking refuge inside of a TX missle silo, our hero leaves his home away from home, gets in some trouble and...walks 300+ miles back, in a zombie infested Lone Star State. I've updated my post #1 list and have placed this novel in the number 2 spot. As good as Kirkman's comic, The Walking Dead is, I feel these 2 Zombie novels would have made for a better TV series. At the very least, a great movie or two could come from them.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #23
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I just finished Day by Day Armageddon and it was fantastic. Once I started reading in I just couldn't put it down. Thanks for the recommendation protector2814.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #24
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I just finished Day by Day Armageddon and it was fantastic. Once I started reading in I just couldn't put it down. Thanks for the recommendation protector2814.
Your welcome. Just tryin' to spread the word on this great read. The follow-up, DbDA, Beyond Exile is finally out in stores and is equally impressive. I think I've read DbDArmageddon 4-5 times now. I just love it.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #25
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'm going to order Beyond Exile and Plague of the Dead when I do my next Amazon.com order later this week.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #26
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I'm going to order Beyond Exile and Plague of the Dead when I do my next Amazon.com order later this week.
Need to pick the new Day by Day myself. Plague is a fun read. He still hasn't released book 3 yet, but it's a cool story so far. Reads a bit like an action movie, but doesn't skimp on the characters. It has a cool 2 stage disease where the living infected are fast and crazy like 28 Days, but when they're killed, they rise as slow zombies. Good stuff.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #27
kirthew
Zot

Day by Day is freaking amazing... if you get the first... order the second as well... That is the quickest book I have read in a while... Just edge of the seat full of awesome.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #28
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
Day by Day is freaking amazing... if you get the first... order the second as well... That is the quickest book I have read in a while... Just edge of the seat full of awesome.
Agreed. I've probably read it 4 times by now. Autumn is still my fav, but Day by Day is a close second.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #29
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Beyond Exile and Plague of the Dead should arrive this week. I'm going to try and save them for my flight to Florida next week. I'm going to have a tough time waiting as I've been itching to get my hands on Beyond Exile as soon as I finished Day by Day Armageddon.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 AM   #30
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Just finished Beyond Exile. Gotta admit, I didn't care for it much. The direction the story goes isn't what I was looking for and found it pretty boring for large chunks of it. I don't want to go into spoilers, but I'm pretty disappointed. It's not Bourne's fault or writing..it's just becoming a story that bores me and away from the things that made the first so intriguing for me. I doubt I'll read the next one. I can tell it's only going to get farther away from what I'm looking for in a zombie story.

A real bummer.