Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #41
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Where is this video? Do you have a link? Just Vamp Queen, don't care about Valkyrie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pup...hannel&list=UL
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #42
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
I agree on the color part. I was kind of shocked that the top and skirt aren't really even black, they're just dark gray. There's no shine, no satin effect, just matte dark gray.
The colors are actually brown. It is a bit more noticeable in the video.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #43
loricstone
Kang

At least I think it is.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #44
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon XXX View Post
Apart from the Medusa ARH stuff is pretty boring looking. This one included. There is just nothing memorable about it at all. Just my opinion.
I wouldn't call the Thor, Greek God series, or the Valkyrie boring. I also liked Cleo but can see how some might find it boring. Didn't care for Pocahontas at all.

As to this one, I really would have liked to see a more elaborate costume. I know some like a lot of skin on their vampires but I would have prefered like a satin cloak or something (maybe with some red or at least color) and then more subtle skin, like a long slit up the leg or plunging neckline or whatever. This looks more like a native American outfit with long boots, which also could have been a little fancier IMO (maybe some laces or buckles or something?) The crown is fine with me and does seem similar to Queen of the Damned (which is also similar to older work that I know of). All in all I think I will pass on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
The Valkyrie looks cool, but I'm surprised there is NO bra option for the nude. That just seems strange. My only other gripe with it, they should have have made her facing the other way, towards Thor.
The Valkyrie doesn't have a bra option because he is producing an entirely separate statue with a bra in which she is stepping out of a ship as a base. I like the non-nude much better personally and will be getting that one.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #45
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I wouldn't call the Thor, Greek God series, or the Valkyrie boring. I also liked Cleo but can see how some might find it boring. Didn't care for Pocahontas at all.

As to this one, I really would have liked to see a more elaborate costume. I know some like a lot of skin on their vampires but I would have prefered like a satin cloak or something (maybe with some red or at least color) and then more subtle skin, like a long slit up the leg or plunging neckline or whatever. This looks more like a native American outfit with long boots, which also could have been a little fancier IMO (maybe some laces or buckles or something?) The crown is fine with me and does seem similar to Queen of the Damned (which is also similar to older work that I know of). All in all I think I will pass on this one.

The Valkyrie doesn't have a bra option because he is producing an entirely separate statue with a bra in which she is stepping out of a ship as a base. I like the non-nude much better personally and will be getting that one.

I know the non nude is being made, it just strikes me as odd that they wouldn't just add the option. It just cuts their customer base. Some might not want the big boat, but don't exactly want to flash some tig ol bitties either.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #46
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbonez74 View Post
I agree that the paint apps are lacking on this piece. I think the eyes should definitely be repainted.
The one thing that I think should be changed ASAP is the eye makeup, and the eyebrows. These imo are bringing the whole piece down.

This statue looks better in the video. Not sure why exactly.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #47
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
The one thing that I think should be changed ASAP is the eye makeup, and the eyebrows. These imo are bringing the whole piece down.

Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #48
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

Really disappointed that I am feeling the same way. The idea has a lot going for it. Just the end result isn't doing it for me.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #49
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
I agree on the color part. I was kind of shocked that the top and skirt aren't really even black, they're just dark gray. There's no shine, no satin effect, just matte dark gray.
It seems like with the exception of the crown/tiara the costume got the least bit of attention, when it should have been the top priority after the actual body sculpt.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #50
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post

What you mean, like Vampirella? Eye shadow and thick eyebrows?