Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #1271
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I believe they’re just scuff marks on her costume simulating battle damage. I’ll have a look at mine when I get home to confirm for sure but I do know she’s not supposed to look unscathed and mine has some intentional wear in spots.
THANK YOU for your help Hellboy!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #1272
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Purely speculation based on the photos, that these white marks are not intended to be there....

I would imagine thats streaks in the dried "Matte" sealant. I would buy it at a discount as it's an easy touch up but if you don't have a clue how, don't touch it.
That's what I was concerned about Night, especially that mark on her right thigh because it seems like it's a smear and the white area is smudging. Unfortunately I don't have a clue on how to touch it up and the Seller didn't hide it, he basically concurred with the mark so I have to give him serious props for that. I haven't asked for any additional discounts but at this point, I don't know whether I still want to move forward with the purchase.

I'll wait for Hellboy's pics and decide afterwards.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:11 PM   #1273
Jiggatron69
Hydra

I checked my statue and she has similar streaks but they are more subtle and definitely not "white". Its looks like a crease or a scratch in her body glove but then again im not sure. This statue has so many failed deliveries that it could easily be something else entirely and not intended to be there
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:11 PM   #1274
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Had similar on my 1/2 WW. Appears to be polystone spray that got on it sometime after painting (proximity to a bad rotocaster?). I got most of mine off with a damp paper towel and a toothpick. Not guaranteeing it is the same problem.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:45 PM   #1275
myskye23
Hellboy

Thank you for all your help everyone! The Seller and I agreed to a discounted price based on the pics that he supplied. I was happy with the price he offered and I'll see for myself how bad or minor the smearing is when the statue arrives
Old 06-04-2019, 07:47 PM   #1276
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
I checked my statue and she has similar streaks but they are more subtle and definitely not "white". Its looks like a crease or a scratch in her body glove but then again im not sure. This statue has so many failed deliveries that it could easily be something else entirely and not intended to be there
Hopefully it's not anything too major Jiggatron. Maybe I can try to fix it myself once in hand.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:33 AM   #1277
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Had a look at mine and snapped a pic under bright lighting. It’s definitely a part of the statue’s distressed/battle worn design and present on other areas of the statue as well. How “white” or noticeable the marks appear will greatly depend on the lighting. No need to fix anything unless you’re looking to change the intended look. If you got it discounted over this congrats, you got a bargain.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #1278
mars
The Spirit

Yep I definitely agree with Hellboy it is part of the statue, here are some more photos if you want to have another look at Catwoman

HERE vvv
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...28#post5763428

mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #1279
Karnis
Blue Falcon

I swear some the details on these statues goes right over peoples heads sometimes. One guy was complaining that his 1/2 Batfleck head sculpt had white scratch marks all over the face....turns out he was talking about the gray stubble in the beard.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:28 AM   #1280
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Had a look at mine and snapped a pic under bright lighting. It’s definitely a part of the statue’s distressed/battle worn design and present on other areas of the statue as well. How “white” or noticeable the marks appear will greatly depend on the lighting. No need to fix anything unless you’re looking to change the intended look. If you got it discounted over this congrats, you got a bargain.

Thank you for verifying the 'marks' for me Hellboy. I saw some of the 'scratch marks' that were intended for the distress effects but for some reason or another, it seemed a bit excessive on the photos the Seller sent (possibly due to lighting???). I was also concerned about the smudge on the right thigh, which yours doesn't seem to have. The Seller is going to ship it out on Thursday and I should be receiving it the beginning of next week. I'll check it once she arrives and post pics on the Forum for comparison.