Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Luminous
Cyclops

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Assassin's Creed Syndicate was revealed earlier today, announcing an October 23, 2015 release date. AC Syndicate will take place in London 1868, during the Industrial Revolution.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Debut Trailer (YouTube)

Pre-Alpha Gameplay Walkthrough (YouTube)

Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

after the last mess...nope

I'll wait until reviews and even then, I'll wait for a sale. Not falling for Ubisoft's tactics again
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
after the last mess...nope

I'll wait until reviews and even then, I'll wait for a sale. Not falling for Ubisoft's tactics again
"Mess" as in the launch of Unity was a mess or you think the game is simply a mess?

Unity's launch was a complete disaster. That game was nowhere near ready for public consumption. That said, the final patched version of Unity is classic Assassin's Creed with some impressive visuals. I knew Unity was having problems when it first came out so I simply waited for them to fix it. I started playing it about 2 months ago. I finally beat it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately one of the aspects I really enjoyed in Unity seems to be missing from Syndicate... co-op multiplayer. Really don't understand that decision.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

when a game knowingly launches like that and is only fixed post-release because of backlash by consumers, Ubisoft doesn't deserve my hard earned money anymore

They've driven the AC series into the ground and it really needs a few years of breathing time to get back on track. How many times do you really want to play the exact same game with such minuscule changes added (and likely a slew of things subtracted)?
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
when a game knowingly launches like that and is only fixed post-release because of backlash by consumers, Ubisoft doesn't deserve my hard earned money anymore

They've driven the AC series into the ground and it really needs a few years of breathing time to get back on track. How many times do you really want to play the exact same game with such minuscule changes added (and likely a slew of things subtracted)?
I can't defend Ubisoft's decision to release a broken version of Unity. However, in the end they made good on delivering a next-gen Assassin's Creed game. They released several patches as they worked on fixing the game's problems and they also gave away their DLC content of Dead Kings as a show of good faith. It was horribly executed but I got the game that was advertised... eventually. Had they left us out in the cold with no fixes and no free DLC then it would have been a different story.

As for the second part of your question, the biggest draw for me in the AC franchise is the change of locations and cultures. The biggest disappointment to me in that regard was going from AC 2 to Brotherhood. Way too similar. Aside from that I have enjoyed every AC game released. Still need to pick up AC Rogue though. Since it's previous-gen and looks very similar to 3 I can wait for a good sale.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I can't defend Ubisoft's decision to release a broken version of Unity. However, in the end they made good on delivering a next-gen Assassin's Creed game. They released several patches as they worked on fixing the game's problems and they also gave away their DLC content of Dead Kings as a show of good faith. It was horribly executed but I got the game that was advertised... eventually. Had they left us out in the cold with no fixes and no free DLC then it would have been a different story.

As for the second part of your question, the biggest draw for me in the AC franchise is the change of locations and cultures. The biggest disappointment to me in that regard was going from AC 2 to Brotherhood. Way too similar. Aside from that I have enjoyed every AC game released. Still need to pick up AC Rogue though. Since it's previous-gen and looks very similar to 3 I can wait for a good sale.
I enjoyed Rogue but it really is a last gen game.... in fact it recycles more than a few environments from AC3 tbh. The "Great Lakes" areas and Arctic were pretty cool. It had a phenomenal ending and I was glad to have played it before Unity.

I get my PS4 in a few weeks with the arrival of Arkham Knight. Unity will most likely be my first additional game now that it is all patched up. Being off the "launch window" cycle now though I will likely perpetually buy them post Christmas after they hit that deep discount territory.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:23 PM   #7
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

This is the how many th game for Assassin Creed series ?
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote