Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 08-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #741
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Weirdly I'm struggling to see if SFV will in fact be better than this game. I still love it (apart from Option Selects).
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #742
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Weirdly I'm struggling to see if SFV will in fact be better than this game. I still love it (apart from Option Selects).
your not alone, all my friends im talking to are worried about SF5. seems to be to dumbed down which i said way back, meaning lack of vareity of combos. Seems to be same ABC combo with flash V trigger.

With SF4 there was more low or high combos, ya there was the BNB combos but that was the point. You had the easy ones for casuals and hard ones for pros.

so even tho im excited im going to hold out rushing to get a PS4 for it, this time im waiting for reviews in hand when released. Cause when you start to see articles claiming its not easy and can drop combos etc.. is telling me that the masses know its a easy ABC game trying to make it sound like its a game you need to put time and effort into like SF4.

just to much talk about casual this casual that for a SF game.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #743
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

---- casuals, need parry.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #744
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

im sure the game will turn out just fine .. seeing how high the damage output is im sure the casuals will be able to hang to a certain extent ..

casual players don't see or study a game the way a pro does so im sure the casual will have a hard time against good players due to the damage being high.. high damage is ok to make normal players feel like they have a chance but a pro will bait, punish, and react properly to certain situations and i guarantee the matches will be quick and the casuals will get destroyed everytime

i think with at least 3 high damage combos in one round will get you the victory, think about it... thats all a pro has to do besides footsies and zoning and against casuals... easy match
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:05 AM   #745
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

theres white damage now.. meaning you take damage while blocking and it will regenerate unless you get hit .. so imagine blocking for a few hits, your health bar is being chipped away and then a hit lands followed by a bnb combo ...you're most like going to be down 1/3 of health and theres still stun to worry about... i think on paper SFV looks and sounds casual but once the games gets broken into it'll be very unforgiving and cruel

footsies will be huge and im sure casual players won't have the best footsies out there

theres no more plinking and i know 3 frame links aren't that hard but im sure there will still be occasional dropped combos ... you either hit the button at the right time or you don't and you miss you're combo
Old 08-19-2015, 12:19 AM   #746
moonmonkey

what im afraid of is SFV being a turtle fest.. with such high damage players will be more cautious .. a good example is SFXT .. the damage output is high and i know the game is boring to watch but if any of y'all ever played the game you know that making a mistake can get you KO'ed easy... thats why there was so many time outs in SFXT..so hopefully we don't see the thing happen with SV5
Old 08-19-2015, 02:09 AM   #747
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That sounds like Mahvel 3.

Anyway, SF5 I'll be waiting and observing it. I'm not rushing to buy that game.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #748
BornFreeSF

Made another speculation video.

So excited about the announcements on Sep 11th in Dubai (GMT +4 hrs) and next weekend at the Tokyo Game Show.

Thanks for all your support guys!
It's all just a bit of fun

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERiY...2UZoB&index=11

Old 09-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #749
BornFreeSF

Hey guys!

Please vote in the comments of this video.

UDON want to know which Capcom Fighting Game do you want to see as a comic book?

I would, and Udon would, appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks
Mark

LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYtC...RseekGik9jyRZG

P.S. Part 2 will be 40 minutes long and answers everyone's questions from last time.
P.P.S. Patrick, I know your question is in Part 1.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #750
BornFreeSF

Hey guys - here's Part 2 of the UDON interview where Matt Moylan (Director of Publishing) answers all of your previous questions about Street Fighter.

Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfSM...RseekGik9jyRZG