Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 11-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
It's all about the Benjamins, Broseph.
well then warm up the vocal chords and get to voicin!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
well then warm up the vocal chords and get to voicin!
I'm sick right now, so that's kiboshed somewhat.. the irony being that I caught the bug at a "company dinner".

Tryin' to find a teaching job (in California that's a nightmare) or a 9-to-5 until I decide on an agent in California.

I'll probably go.... I just don't know what I'll be totin' in funds.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #23
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I am looking to swing this trip with a few other SF members. Will know as the weeks pass.

I am intrigued by what this grouop is -- are you anti SMOKING and a jacket wearing group or an anti SMOKING JACKET group

Its also a bacteria farm
The art auction on Saturday night is a really big event and a certain group of artists came last year all dressed in matching style smoking jackets. There were a few of us who talked about coming next year as the anti-smoking jacket crew.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #24
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

I'll probably go.... I just don't know what I'll be totin' in funds.
heck, even if you don't have a ton of funds, just come on out and have fun hanging with your fellow Gammabros and SF bros.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #25
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

ECCC as always for us. Considering one or two other shows in the NW before considering Heroes Con. Airfare has really knocked or spending funds down the last two years, so something within driving distance in looking more preferable.
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #26
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
ECCC as always for us. Considering one or two other shows in the NW before considering Heroes Con. Airfare has really knocked or spending funds down the last two years, so something within driving distance in looking more preferable.
that's understandable but if you ever get the chance, you should give Heroes a shot, it is a great show.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #27
Tattoo-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
that's understandable but if you ever get the chance, you should give Heroes a shot, it is a great show.
We're into actor autographs almost as much as sketches. And if we are traveling far, we'd want to do some sight seeing. There is one show we were considering out of the NW, but it looks like a friend of ours has changed his mind on going, so we'll skip it. There's more than enough artists attending in Seattle for us.

There's a good friend/artist attending the Big Wow! in California, and one actor from X-Files, so that will probably be our second and last show outside of Oregon for 2012.

The other show we'd go to is just rumored at this point, and that's a Wizard World Portland.

We've missed the old Portland Show for the last two years, so we're going to try and make it this weekend.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #28
Tattoo-S

In the next 3 years, we're considering Heroes Con, MegaCon, Boston, and Toronto. It all depends on our friends, finances, and the guests attending. Otherwise it's just ECCC for us. Oh, almost forgot, NYCC again. Plus any show with David Duchovny and/or Gillian Anderson. Then we're taking a cruise. That's what they need, and comic con cruise. I've heard of a Rock music cruise with big names performing.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #29
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post

Jose, I have no idea if Doc can handle you in the house, perhaps the garage... lol. we will have to figure out how many are coming in and what we can do to help out with lodging.
if i promise to bring my cooler,does that help bump me up to a corner on the living room floor?
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #30
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

There's voiceover cruises, Shawna, with workshops etc hosted by Lance Henriksen (Aliens franchise - also a big-name voice-actor), Kevin Conroy, Tara Strong, etc. etc... went on one in '09, to Alaska and the Aleutian Islands.. fun cruise.

.. though I prefer peace and quiet, and fun shore excursion packages. A comic cruise line would be SWEET, though.. with an artist alley, a writer's alley, and specific decks where people COULDN'T wear those damned costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
In the next 3 years, we're considering Heroes Con, MegaCon, Boston, and Toronto. It all depends on our friends, finances, and the guests attending. Otherwise it's just ECCC for us. Oh, almost forgot, NYCC again. Plus any show with David Duchovny and/or Gillian Anderson. Then we're taking a cruise. That's what they need, and comic con cruise. I've heard of a Rock music cruise with big names performing.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote