Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #10151
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
I know I'm super late to the party on this one, but mine finally arrived.

Anyone else think that the paint job, while clean, is super flat and boring? It's an awesome sculpt with no "pop". At least on the figure. The throne is decently done.
Ah what? The suit is digital texture which looks awesome and Makes the gold stand out.After awhile all statues can look boring but this will never for me..

tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:20 PM   #10152
GaryTonge
Kingpin

The paint apps are perfect. Not flat in any way. I also love the two tone blue they used on the costume.

A lot of that is personal preference though. I don't like statues that have tons of simulated "shading and highlights".
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #10153
BiaLos
Fantastic Four

Sideshow contacted me about my body replacement, and informed me I would get a full replacement instead and to ship mine back.

I'm concerned here, what if a receive one with issues....does anyone have any advice, or has this happened to others?

What's the worse case scenario?
BiaLos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #10154
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiaLos View Post
Sideshow contacted me about my body replacement, and informed me I would get a full replacement instead and to ship mine back.

I'm concerned here, what if a receive one with issues....does anyone have any advice, or has this happened to others?

What's the worse case scenario?
I got the same email. I'm shipping mine back today. To be honest the worst case scenario is you get a replacement with more issues and they have no replacements left to offer. So You take a credit an keep the faulty replacement piece or you return for a full refund. that's the bottom line.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #10155
shaunster
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I got the same email. I'm shipping mine back today. To be honest the worst case scenario is you get a replacement with more issues and they have no replacements left to offer. So You take a credit an keep the faulty replacement piece or you return for a full refund. that's the bottom line.
Question... I'm waiting on a full replacement as well. Did you have to pay shipping to return your defective piece to SS? I bloody well hope not.
shaunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #10156
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster View Post
Question... I'm waiting on a full replacement as well. Did you have to pay shipping to return your defective piece to SS? I bloody well hope not.
no, they email a prepaid return label
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #10157
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativepenalty View Post
I completely agree with how flat the paint job is. Was a bit disappointed when I received mine. Sculpt on him is amazing but the paint is flat and a bit boring. The throne stands out more than he does!

Nice piece none the less. Happy with his size and detail just wish it had more of a wow factor.
It has way more values and shading going on in it then that XM Thanos.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:56 AM   #10158
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehollywood View Post
It has way more values and shading going on in it then that XM Thanos.
It's about the same level of shading as my XM Thanos. That is, none lol.

I still like him, don't get me wrong...but he's an unpolished gem. Sculpt and size are there, but needs a custom paint job to make him shine.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #10159
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

To make him shine. lol! Maybe you just need some better lighting where youre displaying him at.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #10160
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just got email to destroy statue for full replacement. Replacement will be shipped couple days after pics are confirmed. Mine was broken in half, nothing wrong with throne or any other parts. Mint throne gotta be destroyed
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote