Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-18-2015, 01:35 AM   #61
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
Looks like they're reusing the same assault rifle sculpt for the 3rd time (at least). Not really a big deal, but is it so hard to come up with something new for a change? I bet there are many interesting firearm prototypes in the real world that would fit the concept.
True, but isn't the M4 carbine appropriate for Maggie?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:18 AM   #62
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
True, but isn't the M4 carbine appropriate for Maggie?
No idea, never watched a single series of WD. Actually for Sucker Punch girls and Black Widow I never bothered to check authenticity of sculpted weapons.
If GG wanted, I bet they could come up with something new and still authentic enough. But reusing the same sculpt is easier, of course.
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:34 AM   #63
Royd
Producer
Producer

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere but here's a pic of the GG Ant-Man SDCC exclusive statue limited to 500:

Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #64
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere but here's a pic of the GG Ant-Man SDCC exclusive statue limited to 500:

Looking forward to getting mine in the mail. Really enjoyed the movie.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #65
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise yoda View Post
Dissapointing about no new starwars GG mini bust then the ones we have already seen.
Even the hobbit mini bust are gone....
Sad that it looks like the hobbit bust are no more. I really liked the few they did. Also disappointed that we didn't get any new MCU busts. So many great characters to get done. We still need to get a Black Widow, Hawkeye and Fury. Still holding out hope for Falcon and Winter Soldier.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #66
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post

This is pretty awesome. I've never been to SDCC to include this year, so I'm more than likely gonna try to score one of these through eBay.

I asked GG if they have the 1/4 scale film Ant-Man, but no response yet. This'll have to do. It sucks that it's only 4" tall, but it IS Ant-Man. I noticed the head of the fig is turned a little differently from the picture on the art box, so I wonder if the head is fixed or if it can be rotated left or right. I hope these guys have the license to do a 1/4 scale version.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:58 AM   #67
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
No idea, never watched a single series of WD. Actually for Sucker Punch girls and Black Widow I never bothered to check authenticity of sculpted weapons.
If GG wanted, I bet they could come up with something new and still authentic enough. But reusing the same sculpt is easier, of course.
For the Sucker Punch line, all the firearms are screen accurate except for Blondie. I don't think that particular machine gun was inthe film.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote