Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #451
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm the opposite. If Hawkeye had the A base I would have ordered it. Or that flying cycle, whatever it was.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #452
dechirico7
The Flash

I like the tiny base. It will allow for more display options. Since her base required only 1/4th the polystone, she should have been quite a bit cheaper. Typically, when a statue is larger, Sideshow ups the price. Well, if they use less material on a statue, shouldn't the price go down?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #453
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

Not especially, it would make sense but popularity and limited edition size probably dictates what the break even would come out to.

Vision has a small edition size and so does Scarlet Witch.

Joker is smaller and lighter than Storm however it still costs more
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #454
Peedi
The Secret Six

The price was set before the ES was established though... The ES is low only because a lot of people didn't order.

I think the small base was a design decision partially based on cost. The base is a recycled design and they got it smaller by using a pose that would work for it, saving money while charging more. $350 for SW, yet several other females that look better and use new bases cost $325. I liked SW enough to order, but she is comparatively over priced.

I'm also not getting Vision. His straight leg pose is boring and I don't know what he's doing. I never thought I'd pass on a Vision PF since I'm collecting all the major Avengers, but the only way I'd get this Vision is if I found it later for well below retail.

Vision's small ES is also because not that many people like it. Joker is small and light but it also has a lot more tailoring detail in his outfit and subtle details in the paint. Vision, SW and Storm have capes. Joker's in a full suit with cuff links, the trick flower, etc. more went into it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #455
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The price was set before the ES was established though... The ES is low only because a lot of people didn't order.

I think the small base was a design decision partially based on cost. The base is a recycled design and they got it smaller by using a pose that would work for it, saving money while charging more. $350 for SW, yet several other females that look better and use new bases cost $325. I liked SW enough to order, but she is comparatively over priced.

I'm also not getting Vision. His straight leg pose is boring and I don't know what he's doing. I never thought I'd pass on a Vision PF since I'm collecting all the major Avengers, but the only way I'd get this Vision is if I found it later for well below retail.

Vision's small ES is also because not that many people like it. Joker is small and light but it also has a lot more tailoring detail in his outfit and subtle details in the paint. Vision, SW and Storm have capes. Joker's in a full suit with cuff links, the trick flower, etc. more went into it.

Well said bro, you ate right! Sw is over priced a bit. Visions legs are too straight looks weird.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #456
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Exactly. Marvel/Disney must think she is worth more than the other female Marvel characters that have been released.
Marvel could have requested that $350 be the base price for these statues now.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #457
Y3E
Gen 13

Hhhmm, my final flex is in May...
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #458
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

My buddy who isn't on the forum just had his last flex on the 5th and sideshow shipped out his scarlet witch. She will be arriving at his house in the 12th. I will be sure to take photos and post ASAP. My last flex is may 5th
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #459
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klear Knives View Post
My buddy who isn't on the forum just had his last flex on the 5th and sideshow shipped out his scarlet witch. She will be arriving at his house in the 12th. I will be sure to take photos and post ASAP. My last flex is may 5th
Huh? What? We haven't received the 20 day notice yet.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #460
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klear Knives View Post

??
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote