Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 04-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #41
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

My first ever comic expo (can't really call it comic con) and it was amazing! The venue was great and the guests they had were top notch, even though it was a pity a few of the high profile guys cancelled. Went for both the Saturday and Sunday and loved every minute of it! From the artists and cosplayers, down to the guests and panels.

Had pictures taken with Jason Mamoa, Matt Ryan, and Stephen Armell and they are really nice guys, even got a few comics signed for my wife-to-be. Picked up some prints from Jae Lee, Artgerm and Franchesco for next to nothing, and had to control myself when surrounded by mountains of statues and comic books for sale It was an amazing experience and my knees are still aching, but the atmosphere was incredible and the event staff were knowledgeable and so well organzied. Will definitely be back next year!
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #42
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

For as little enthusiasm going into this show as I had, it actually ended up being a really good weekend for me. Some great last minute entertainment guest additions in Neil Patrick Harris and Rosario Dawson (show began on Thursday, and NPH was added that day for a Friday only appearance), also a week or 2 before the show Hayley Atwell was added...loved Agent Carter, so that was awesome. Actually lined up for a sig from her, only the 3rd entertainment guest I've done that for in 14 years of Cons.
I bought a whole whackload of art at the show. Its going to take me a while to post it all to my CAF. Just gotten started, and have added a Tim Vigil Hela, Ashley Witter Squirrel Girl, and 3 John Bolton prelims (so awesome that he was there). They can be seen here:
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=78
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote