Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 04-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #31
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

I would love to, but I don't get to a lot of cons. So, I'm usually "working" the show the whole time I'm there! I get there when it opens and grind until closing time. I don't even stop to eat lunch - just bring some granola or power bars and a few bottles of water. I can meet up at night, though.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #32
Behold Gravitas
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
im up for a friday gathering. maybe a bite after we all have set up our commissions? doors open 11 - maybe 2ish drinks at the hyatt bar?

my only variable is if jock is doing freebies and if that is the case, i'll be riding that line.
I have your number from NYCC still - I'll shoot a text over depending on how my morning salvo goes in terms of art. Hopefully by then I'll be waiting to just pick up jams for the 2nd round.
Behold Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #33
Behold Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost9 View Post
Can't wait! It's always a fun show. I'd love to get a sig from Slott and Finch, but am not buying VIP or waiting in those lines when there's so much else to do/see. I'll be around and I think have Friday open.
The Finch signing for VIP is at 9:30 on Saturday in a separate lounge - if you want me to grab a sig for you before the show opens that day - be happy to do so. We're "limited" to 1 item, but a couple extra didn't seem to bother the crew.

Last year's VIP signings were in the middle of each day, and they set up the VIP lounge a good distance away from the main floor....so I only went to Scott Snyder's. I think turnout wasn't that big because of that; imagine that could be a factor in why they're doing it pre-show opening for us this year.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #34
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i did vip one yr for c2e2 and it wasn't worth it in my opinion for this show, other shows yes but for this one i don't think so.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #35
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold Gravitas View Post
The Finch signing for VIP is at 9:30 on Saturday in a separate lounge - if you want me to grab a sig for you before the show opens that day - be happy to do so. We're "limited" to 1 item, but a couple extra didn't seem to bother the crew.

Last year's VIP signings were in the middle of each day, and they set up the VIP lounge a good distance away from the main floor....so I only went to Scott Snyder's. I think turnout wasn't that big because of that; imagine that could be a factor in why they're doing it pre-show opening for us this year.
Thank you for the very kind offer. I have way too many books I'm bringing as it is, and unfortunately, nothing I'd need a Finch signature on. I can't add any more weight to my bag at this point, lol. Thanks again; I'll let you know if I shift things around. If he was doing quick sketches, that would be a different story!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #36
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold Gravitas View Post
I have your number from NYCC still - I'll shoot a text over depending on how my morning salvo goes in terms of art. Hopefully by then I'll be waiting to just pick up jams for the 2nd round.
sounds good dude. i'll be getting in about an hour early with the pros. if you want me to drop off anything to get a jump start, let me know. i think i may just be wandering with no real pressing must gets since i set those up preshow.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #37
Behold Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
i did vip one yr for c2e2 and it wasn't worth it in my opinion for this show, other shows yes but for this one i don't think so.
Agree with this, as its reaching that price point where there isn't enough swag/incentive to go VIP (although WW Chicago VIP is even worse I feel at a much higher price). I do attend some of the larger panels, so that's a bonus in terms of seating. Unfortunately it's the only way when it comes to artists that I'm getting in slightly ahead of the masses.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #38
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

not a bad show. hope everyone had a great time!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #39
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

it's was good hanging out with you guys on friday but overall the show was so so this year. i hope next year is better.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #40
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Yeah, fun to hang out and get to meet some fellow board members. Definitely not a lot of star power in artist alley. We all picked up some nice pieces, though. Still can't believe Anthony pulled off that Finch Batman. Great score.