Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-27-2016, 04:09 AM   #111
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
How much would that concept art have cost though?A throne, Hades, Persephone, 3 headed dog, and a base giant enough to contain it all? $850 ?
(Poseidon was $650)
Cost you say? Don't know and don't care! The BIGGER the BETTER! MASSIVE and GIGANTIC!!!!

I would spend 3k if I had to! Anyway since ARH insists on mucking around making these Gods more affordable and easier to display then so be it! Whatever!

I guess I will buy it anyway!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:15 AM   #112
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Cost you say? Don't know and don't care! The BIGGER the BETTER! MASSIVE and GIGANTIC!!!!

I would spend 3k if I had to! Anyway since ARH insists on mucking around making these Gods more affordable and easier to display then so be it! Whatever!

I guess I will buy it anyway!
To be clear, I am very supportive of ARH making a 3k version for you
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:23 AM   #113
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
To be clear, I am very supportive of ARH making a 3k version for you
Good to know I have support! Let's make ARH great again! Go BIG or go HOME ARH!
Old 11-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #114
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The right thing to do here is to make two variants... one scaled down version with just Hades standing and another larger version with the throne, the dog and the girl. With the aid of computers, I don't think it would take much more to do.

The issue is, how many Hades customers are out there? It's very possible Arahom scrapped the throne idea because he feared a low customer base wouldn't justify the costs. Ehren already said the nude girls are outselling the gods and seeing as how sales didn't seem to go so hot for Sha-ryn or medusa with legs, Arahom might be extra cautious.

This statue might be a really good test for the in house manufacturing team. Especially if they were to make a priced up throne model that could be pretty much made to order.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #115
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Since this is a in house statue being made when ordered, it seems like it would only cost them time and making casts.

I believe their sales dropped due to their customer service and long wait times. I'm sure that many who were interested ended up not buying the last crop of statues.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #116
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock;5350640[B
]The right thing to do here is to make two variants... one scaled down version with just Hades standing and another larger version with the throne, the dog and the girl.[/B] With the aid of computers, I don't think it would take much more to do.

The issue is, how many Hades customers are out there? It's very possible Arahom scrapped the throne idea because he feared a low customer base wouldn't justify the costs. Ehren already said the nude girls are outselling the gods and seeing as how sales didn't seem to go so hot for Sha-ryn or medusa with legs, Arahom might be extra cautious.

This statue might be a really good test for the in house manufacturing team. Especially if they were to make a priced up throne model that could be pretty much made to order.
If he were going to break it down I would think all versions would have Cerberus it would be the girl that would be the add on. I bet less than 10 people would buy Persephone. It is an entire extra character that would add $350 or more to the cost.

I did like the throne but I am also fine with the standing version (but preferred the throne). Remember only 100 Posiedons were sold and that had fantastic water effect, 2 very well done marlins and an "action" pose that some seem to like.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #117
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Actually the more I look at this the better I like it. I think with a well done Cerberus and black armor with all this detail will be fantastic. I am also thinking of the overall display with the others and maybe standing will be more uniform but I think the throne would have been fine as well.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #118
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Now this is AWESOME!
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #119
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

I hope the base is at the same level of detail as Poseidon, Ares, Athena...not just plain like Hercules and new Achilles & Leo.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #120
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
I hope the base is at the same level of detail as Poseidon, Ares, Athena...not just plain like Hercules and new Achilles & Leo.
I think a plain base is ok with a really well done Cerberus. It would be like the plain Ares base with warrior and buzzard accentuating.