Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-05-2017, 07:56 AM   #181
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The thing is a 3D render.
I assume they've rendered it how they plan to paint it otherwise why bother showing them?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #182
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I just saw the photos. Looks great, but those of you who wanted a silver outfit are going to be disappointed.
Awesome!!! Very happy to hear that WHITE is the chosen color. I'll take two. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Can someone please send pics?

Thanks,
SL

Last edited by Storm Lover; 04-05-2017 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added content
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #183
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I assume they've rendered it how they plan to paint it otherwise why bother showing them?
It´s showed from the artist, not XM Studios itself. I think 3D render are just there to get a first view.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #184
AC_808
Hercules

I've been waiting for a Storm statue I really like ....so I hope XM will create a beautiful version.

That's why I'm also rooting for Kotobukiya to make a great DRS Storm statue as well. If both look exceptional, I'm buying both.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #185
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thanks! I will not rest until this statue is silver.

My argument is this, XM has always stated they do comic accurate designs with hints of realism. COMIC accurate. Not movie. Not TV show. Not cartoon. COMIC accurate. I take "comic accurate" to include the color schemes of costumes.

Storm's Jim Lee design, in the comics, is SILVER. Not a bright shiny silver, but a darker gunmetal silver with some sheen. Always has been. Always will be.

I, and others, have countless images to demonstrate this. Straight from the comics. Not fan art. Not animated series. Marvel approved art straight from the comic books. And some of those examples are from modern sources -- including Marvel approved, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Which has her costume as silver.

Also, I'd like to say that for years now, fans who have wanted the Jim Lee costume have been subjected to versions that inaccurately portray the color as white. There are SEVERAL white costumed statues of Storm, so those collectors have options. Why can't people who want the comic accurate color scheme get a statue they want and deserve? Where is the love for the silver?!

XM states they make these statues out of their love and the love of the fans who want that character. I will tell you right now, I dare anybody to beat me out of my Storm obsession. Go ahead and try. You won't. Ever since I picked up an X-Men comic, she has been my favorite comic character ever. For over 25 years I have been obsessed with her. I was beyond the moon when XM said they were going to make a Jim Lee version of Storm. I had every faith they would do her justice. And they have.....except with the one glaring issue with their design -- they are rendering it the wrong, comic inaccurate color.

I'm hoping, praying, and crossing my fingers that XM changes the color. Please don't fail me XM. Please. You're the only hope I have of ever getting a Jim Lee 1:4 Storm. Please make it comic book accurate. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yup, it was shiny. That costume was a precursor to the revised version from 1991 that's more popular. And silver. Except for the cartoon. And tons of promo and fan art.

Props to Demona. Back when debating about Phoenix's costume I'd see tons of people post fan and pin up art as examples. Same sentiments here, the only thing that's accurate is what was published in the comics. No matter how nice that fan art looks.

That said I wouldn't cry if this costume comes out white. At least there's a basis for it being perceived as white. The Bowen was a pearl color, way wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed. And both Demona and myself have posted many pictures from the comics that show that it should be a metallic silver/gunmetal color and not pure white.

Hopefully XM takes our feedback seriously, because they really need to be the company to finally make her comic accurate.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #186
nearmint
Phoenix

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #187
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not only are the colors completely wrong (costume should be silver, her skin is too light), those boots are horrendous. What is with the choppy texture and 6-inch platform hooker heels? I'm starting to think XM is mixing up Storm with Emma Frost.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #188
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Me, the shoe horse, like the boots/heels. She's always worn heels, so the height isn't an issue.

I agree that the "texturing" makes them look like cheap cloth instead of beautiful leather. And also, why would the seam that runs along her leg, match with the boot exactly if the "material" changed? Oh wait, that's because it wouldn't.

But overall, I like the boot design, just not the "material".

Now about that ugly a$$ white color.....
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #189
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Actually this particular costume did not have heels

You can even see that Jim did not draw any of the women in heels. Both Rogue and Jean don't have heels, and the Sideshow PF got Jean right.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #190
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

Truly Awesome!!! I'm in tears A beautiful masterpiece; however, unfortunately there will always be haters out there.

I'll be sure to order two before she sells out.

Thanks for sharing,
SL
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote