Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-19-2019, 03:25 PM   #101
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
She reminds me of Kate Beckinsale if she had auburn hair.
Highest compliment I can imagine.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #102
Mister H
Gen 13

Looks like the EX is a must on this one. Great example of SS continuing to get their act together.....for the most part.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #103
Augen
Metal Men

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This brought a tear to my one good tear duct it's so beautiful
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #104
DarkLantern
Justice League

This looks great. I really like the ex. I really want this, just have to see what gets revealed for 12 days before I buy this.
DarkLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #105
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I wish I could say I was going to grab this, but the EX head isn't what I was hoping for. The hairline is way too sharp and her facial expression looks bored compared to the dynamic pose of her body. Maybe it'll grow on me, but not for over $600 + shipping.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #106
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Love me so DAW.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:58 PM   #107
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I'm sold!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I wish I could say I was going to grab this, but the EX head isn't what I was hoping for. The hairline is way too sharp and her facial expression looks bored compared to the dynamic pose of her body. Maybe it'll grow on me, but not for over $600 + shipping.
Ditto. I wish I could see what other see in either one of these portraits - I just don't.

I see helmet hair, a 5-head, and a washed out lip, with the EX. The hair just looks like a lump with no depth. Very unlike SS. And the reg is just a shiny hard hat with tiny eyes.

MAYBE this will be one of those statues that comes out better with production paints! Then I will be all over this. The display option from the side is amazing.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #109
SONICobra
Batman

WOW, gorgeous sculpt! ex hairline is a little odd looking but could just be a prototype thing. pretty awesome hawkgirl statue though, cant see how any fan would be disappointed

for anyone not diggin the ex hair, fixing that would be incredibly easy. blend it out with a little aves and touch up. i get the whole "you shouldnt have to" and you shouldnt but i wouldnt let something thats an easy fix keep me from ordering something i otherwise love. just my opionon... but like i said could be fixed in production
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #110
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I see her expression as totally unimpressed with the challenger she's about to decimate. Some people have well defined hairlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ditto. I wish I could see what other see in either one of these portraits - I just don't.

I see helmet hair, a 5-head, and a washed out lip, with the EX. The hair just looks like a lump with no depth. Very unlike SS. And the reg is just a shiny hard hat with tiny eyes.

MAYBE this will be one of those statues that comes out better with production paints! Then I will be all over this. The display option from the side is amazing.
I think this is like going shopping in like a Home Goods or Pier 1, you're overwhelmed by all the choices that are out there. You just have to focus on the individual and take in the sculpt and flow of each piece
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote