Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #171
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I had the 1st Batman PF, and I just didn't love it. The new one...I don't know what to say about that...I hate just about everything about it. But, eventually one will come that meets my tastes. Right now Keaton Bats is holding it down though.

Still, I have no issues expanding my JL line with side characters that were only on my wish list.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #172
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
If I was assembling a large display of the Justice League then I would be getting this one. EX of course. Trouble is there is not a great Batman out there. IMO,
You don't like the Prime 1 New52 Batman either Mr. H? I'll be displaying him alongside other Prime 1 New52 statues (Green Lantern and Cyborg) next to SSC Premium Formats as well (Flash and the new Wonder Woman) for my JL Display I have with the Prime 1 Doomsday. I have the original Superman from SSC but that's just a placeholder until a better one comes out.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #173
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
You don't like the Prime 1 New52 Batman either
It's size kinda makes it a stand-alone piece, doesn't it? At 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep, I'm not sure how it will display with the Sideshow pieces.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #174
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
You don't like the Prime 1 New52 Batman either Mr. H? I'll be displaying him alongside other Prime 1 New52 statues (Green Lantern and Cyborg) next to SSC Premium Formats as well (Flash and the new Wonder Woman) ...
I had initially planned to intermix P1 1/4 with SS PFs but once I saw it I couldn't stand the difference in scaling. Hopefully that doesn't bother you. sounds like it's going to be a pretty cool setup
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #175
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It's size kinda makes it a stand-alone piece, doesn't it? At 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep, I'm not sure how it will display with the Sideshow pieces.
I've been thinking about that a lot. I am getting the P1 and unless/until there is another Batman that looks as good or better than the P1, he will be my definitive 1/4 Batman. Although the overall size is big, most of that comes from the flowing cape and the outstretched hand with the grapple deployed. I'm not as concerned anymore about whether it will overpower an overall collection with the SS Rogues, but also it might be good to have that extra size to help to make Batman the focus (as he should be).
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #176
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
I've been thinking about that a lot. I am getting the P1 and unless/until there is another Batman that looks as good or better than the P1, he will be my definitive 1/4 Batman. Although the overall size is big, most of that comes from the flowing cape and the outstretched hand with the grapple deployed. I'm not as concerned anymore about whether it will overpower an overall collection with the SS Rogues, but also it might be good to have that extra size to help to make Batman the focus (as he should be).
I just wonder how big a footprint will be required.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #177
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I just wonder how big a footprint will be required.
About 2 feet by 2 feet lol.

I don't want Batman to dominate my collection. I thought the Canale piece was overdone as well. The P1 takes that idea and multiplies it. I just don't think it pairs well with the SS PF's.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #178
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
I'm hoping that it won't look too overpowering with the rest of the setup. I have Green Lantern and Wonder Woman towards the back on risers currently and I'm hoping to put batman on a smaller riser where the current Batman is at but angle him in a way where the cape will be flowing back behind Doomsday and between Green Lantern. Where Superman is at currently is where I'll have The Flash and move Superman back behind Doomsday on a riser a little lower than Wonder Woman.

I apologize for the glare on the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Doomsday.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	478.0 KB
ID:	127077  
Old 11-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #179
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
I had initially planned to intermix P1 1/4 with SS PFs but once I saw it I couldn't stand the difference in scaling. Hopefully that doesn't bother you. sounds like it's going to be a pretty cool setup
To be perfectly honest B_dub, the two Prime 1 New52 scales really well with the SSC 1/4 scales. I was worried that Cyborg was going to be too big but he looks in line with the rest of them.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #180
myskye23
Hellboy

I'm sorry for derailing the Hawkgirl thread. I like this Hawkgirl a lot and since there isn't much out there to choose from, I will more than likely pick her up down the road. I would love to see a Hawkman as a companion piece though! In my honest opinion, it's an EX or Fail for me because she has a beautiful portrait.

Like most have already mentioned, I'm not feeling the masked portrait either because those eyes are just too small and although the 'hard hat' doesn't bother me as much, I think if SS paints them with a black stripe, it'll remedy most of the complaints.