Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #2921
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggrizz View Post
Hi! I quite literally just registered to ask this question, which I am sure has been asked before, but has there been any thought to doing a Bishounen line?

I love the girls, but I would love to be able to display them alongside male figures of similar scale & look.
This topic has come up with our development teams and while we don't have any male characters scheduled in the foreseeable future the possibility still exists if demand is great enough.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:05 AM   #2922
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Bishoujo Lady Deadpool was announced in 2012. Is it still in the works?
I believe that announcement come out of a Wondercon panel I hosted a couple of years back. Response was somewhat lukewarm once that information got out so our development team decided to put the Lady Deadpool project on hold. As of now she's not scheduled but that could change if fans truly want to see her added to the Marvel Bishoujo collection.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:26 AM   #2923
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thanks for answering gonk.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #2924
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
This topic has come up with our development teams and while we don't have any male characters scheduled in the foreseeable future the possibility still exists if demand is great enough.
Well, Poison from Street Fighter might be considered Bishounen, depending on how you look at it...
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #2925
built2shred
Phoenix

I rather them do a line of male statues that are same size as the bishoujo's with action poses.... I really don't want a bunch of male metrosexual looking Bishounen which I assume they would look like if they followed the Bishoujo line..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #2926
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I rather them do a line of male statues that are same size as the bishoujo's with action poses.... I really don't want a bunch of male metrosexual looking Bishounen which I assume they would look like if they followed the Bishoujo line..
agreed! i think males will stay away from bishounen line LOL unlike bishoujos which can cater to male and female markets
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #2927
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
I believe that announcement come out of a Wondercon panel I hosted a couple of years back. Response was somewhat lukewarm once that information got out so our development team decided to put the Lady Deadpool project on hold. As of now she's not scheduled but that could change if fans truly want to see her added to the Marvel Bishoujo collection.
That's too bad. I would have liked to see her.

Thanks for answering my question!
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #2928
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
I'm quite happy about this. There's alot more Marvel females I d rather get made! Including a new Rogue, Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch! Please
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #2929
khrisc
The X-Men

With all of these campaigns of DRS line..i just hope Koto can beef up the release and production of these pieces because there are still a lot of characters people want like:

Sabretooth
Iceman
Storm
Jean Grey
Jubilee
Apocalypse

I wish Koto can release 4 to 5 DRS line a year..or more!
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #2930
kinggrizz
Frackin!

Thanks for replying!

I figured it must've crossed the path at some point, but it's nice to know that the possibility was never shot down.

Maybe I shouldn't have said bishounen; the last thing I think anyone would want would be waif-ish Wolverine because that is wildly out-of-character, but there is a distinct anime influence in the Bishoujo line that is certainly lacking in the options for male figures! Existing male figures look out of place displayed with the Bishoujo line.

I guess the best parallel to draw would be the Marvel anime line, those male designs would fit right in with a Bishoujo display. Not "bishounen" so to speak, but also stylized in a way that would compliment the Bishoujos.
kinggrizz is offline   Reply With Quote