Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #191
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
This awesome bust finally sold out! Shame it took so long, if it had been a better seller, who knows what similar products we might have seen. Still, I'm happy I have this thing. It's easily the the best balanced collectible I have in my entire collection in terms of quality vs price.

Moving this discussion to the relevant thread before we annoy people. As I briefly mentioned, I am correcting the eyes on mine next week. Usually I would sand and alclad them. But alclad is a delicate thing and shows every single blemish. I was so impressed by your results that I ordered a Molotow 2mm liquid chrome pen yesterday. I was going to just use that until I saw your post above. Should I be reconsidering? Or should I stick to the plan and just add a light sanding into the mix first? I've never used the stuff before so I'm going on your experience with it.
I'd give it a quick sand first just to make sure there's no grit in the original paint. It does go on thick though so the coverage is good but i'd suggest you get one of the thicker pens also. The 2mm is good for the edges but as it's fairly quick drying you need to get the surface covered fairly quick.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:20 AM   #192
Python
Omega Red

Thank you, I was torn on which size to order, so I decided upon the 2mm thinking it would be better for the edges. I'll order a second one now in the 4mm size. Out of interest, why are you redoing yours? Are there any issues with the paint chosen, or is it just that you can still see the texture underneath?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:31 AM   #193
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Thank you, I was torn on which size to order, so I decided upon the 2mm thinking it would be better for the edges. I'll order a second one now in the 4mm size. Out of interest, why are you redoing yours? Are there any issues with the paint chosen, or is it just that you can still see the texture underneath?
To get rid of some of the textures yes but also I tried giving it a clear coat to give the finish a bit of protection (as you know most chrome paints are fairly sensitive to being touched) but it didn’t react well and hazed over a bit.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #194
Python
Omega Red

Ahh, I see. I did look into whether this can be sealed or not. I'd already come to the conclusion not too. Fortunately the eyes are an area that shouldn't really be accidentally touched anyway. Let me know how you get on with round two.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:10 AM   #195
EDI-889
Frackin!

Which are the dimensions of this bust, I have the possibility to buy it at a good price and I would like to know if it could fit on the top of a Ikea Kallax / Besta (40cm depth)? Thanks in advance!
EDI-889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:12 PM   #196
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI-889 View Post
Which are the dimensions of this bust, I have the possibility to buy it at a good price and I would like to know if it could fit on the top of a Ikea Kallax / Besta (40cm depth)? Thanks in advance!

I've got mine on top of an Ikea display case (Besta I think without checking) It's 40cm deep also and this fits just fine with plenty of space. It's a decent sized bust, but it has a fairly small footprint. Buy it and thank us later....
Old 01-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #197
EDI-889
Frackin!

Quote:
I've got mine on top of an Ikea display case (Besta I think without checking) It's 40cm deep also and this fits just fine with plenty of space. It's a decent sized bust, but it has a fairly small footprint. Buy it and thank us later....
Is there some part of the arms sticking out in the front or is it whole the bust profile in those 40cm? Weigth wise, is it insanely heavy (more than 20kg/44pounds) like other life-size busts or light, like the ECC alien ones? Thank you very much for your rapid response. Independence Day is not one of my favourite films but I love extraterrestrial beings and this design is superb.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:53 PM   #198
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI-889 View Post
Is there some part of the arms sticking out in the front or is it whole the bust profile in those 40cm? Weigth wise, is it insanely heavy (more than 20kg/44pounds) like other life-size busts or light, like the ECC alien ones? Thank you very much for your rapid response. Independence Day is not one of my favourite films but I love extraterrestrial beings and this design is superb.

Well mine is on top of a 60cm wide, by 40cm deep unit. The base takes up very little space, the arms are both contained within that area. I'd say that the back of the head sticks out a little, but that's not really an issue as you could just move the whole thing forward which would presumably mean that it's face would just stick out slightly into open air.

Weight wise, this has a nice solid weight to it, but it's not obnoxiously heavy or anything. It's heavier than the ECC grey Alien but it's also much larger so it should be. It also has the same quality as that bust in that this has an extra layer of life to it, presumably due to the translucent resin. That's the only ECC bust I bought so can't compare it to any others. I don't think it's over 20kg, although it doesn't feel far off. But then I'm out of shape this year, it's been a while since I lifted any numbered plates. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow when it's light. If you like the design of the Aliens in ID4, you'll be very happy with this bust I think.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:16 PM   #199
EDI-889
Frackin!

Quote:
Well mine is on top of a 60cm wide, by 40cm deep unit. The base takes up very little space, the arms are both contained within that area. I'd say that the back of the head sticks out a little, but that's not really an issue as you could just move the whole thing forward which would presumably mean that it's face would just stick out slightly into open air.

Weight wise, this has a nice solid weight to it, but it's not obnoxiously heavy or anything. It's heavier than the ECC grey Alien but it's also much larger so it should be. It also has the same quality as that bust in that this has an extra layer of life to it, presumably due to the translucent resin. That's the only ECC bust I bought so can't compare it to any others. I don't think it's over 20kg, although it doesn't feel far off. But then I'm out of shape this year, it's been a while since I lifter any numbered plates. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow when it's light. If you like the design of the Aliens in ID4, you'll be very happy with this bust I think.
Thank you very much for the information!
Old 01-10-2021, 12:48 PM   #200
Python
Omega Red

Excuse the rubbish phone pictures. Use these as a size reference only rather than representing the quality of the bust. It's dark again here, I'll get some better pictures of this once I've fixed the eyes (playing around with the markers now on a few test pieces) As you can see, it easily fits on a 40x60cm case. Only the head is wider/longer...