Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #6031
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I've got lots of swag for both games, but nothing print-wise.

dechirico forum member? I think she's obviously a fan of de Chirico, but I indirectly asked about her username once and got no response. However, some time after that she wrote that she didn't like videogames, so I doubt she has anything from Ico.

Yeah, Ueda's JP cover art in de Chirico's style is quite good and perfectly fitting, no doubt.

I can't visualize what I think would make for a good Colossus print. One colossus wouldn't sum it up for me, and all 16 would be too much. Something desolate, perhaps with no colossi...but that is also heresy!
What do you have? I've seen the UK and Japanese versions. Also some press kits. There was a zip file with tons of stuff on Neogaf a while back. Pretty much everything: soundtrack, art, guide book.

Yeah dechirico the member here. She pops into this section from time to time.

What I wrote down with Mark Englert ICO and Shadow of the Colossus commission was castle focus. I think I have more notes somewhere. I'm thinking just the castles for each print. For Shadow of the Colossus have Wander and Agro with the castle/bridge. Somehow add the main final tower/mountain range in the background. The one you had to use the sword to open. One of the flying colossus could be small in the sky. But I was thinking that the glow in the dark could be the defeated colossus light beams. At least that's what I recall from a while back.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:39 PM   #6032
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can see how my post might've stirred things up, but, I still think the sub is fantastic. With as much as I have coming, including the OG, it'll almost complete my Englert collection. I'm actually getting 4 variants that aren't available anywhere else, the black paper Fist I'm most excited about. I'm just excited about what's coming, not here yet, but, I know it's coming. I get saving the shipping until the end of the sub, why not? Makes financial sense. Could potentially double or triple the costs for him having that many tubes go out. Should it have maybe been thought out more in advance, of course. Also, I think the fact that the sub started before all the crazy SW and JW stuff hit, is a bonus. Granted, those two prints are probably what derailed the whole timeline of the sub. I really wish the guy would get everything straightened out, but, unfortunately, I feel some unfixable damage has been done to his reputation and fan base. Damn shame.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 PM   #6033
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
What do you have? I've seen the UK and Japanese versions. Also some press kits. There was a zip file with tons of stuff on Neogaf a while back. Pretty much everything: soundtrack, art, guide book.
I've got the soundtrack, art book, sealed copies of the original US releases of both Ico and Colossus, sealed JP Ico, the US PS3 collection (which is what I play), and the NICO DVD. I thought about the Kotobukiya Colossus statues, but since they didn't do all the colossi, I haven't pulled the trigger.

Quote:
What I wrote down with Mark Englert ICO and Shadow of the Colossus commission was castle focus. I think I have more notes somewhere. I'm thinking just the castles for each print. For Shadow of the Colossus have Wander and Agro with the castle/bridge. Somehow add the main final tower/mountain range in the background. The one you had to use the sword to open. One of the flying colossus could be small in the sky. But I was thinking that the glow in the dark could be the defeated colossus light beams. At least that's what I recall from a while back.
Good ideas. I like it.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:15 PM   #6034
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I can see how my post might've stirred things up, but, I still think the sub is fantastic. With as much as I have coming, including the OG, it'll almost complete my Englert collection. I'm actually getting 4 variants that aren't available anywhere else, the black paper Fist I'm most excited about. I'm just excited about what's coming, not here yet, but, I know it's coming. I get saving the shipping until the end of the sub, why not? Makes financial sense. Could potentially double or triple the costs for him having that many tubes go out. Should it have maybe been thought out more in advance, of course. Also, I think the fact that the sub started before all the crazy SW and JW stuff hit, is a bonus. Granted, those two prints are probably what derailed the whole timeline of the sub. I really wish the guy would get everything straightened out, but, unfortunately, I feel some unfixable damage has been done to his reputation and fan base. Damn shame.
It takes a lot for me to not want to support an artist. I can forgive a lot except for blatant rudeness and or unprofessional attitude. Mark Englert is very close to that. People and companies that forget their fan base usually regret it in the future because those are the people who will almost always see what you are doing. The mass audience will go to whatever is popular. And no one has a monopoly on things. JC Richard can do some of the ideas that I have. I'm sure others can too. It would take me a long time but I could if pressed.

We'll see what he releases. But with his change in style and previous disappointments with the gallery show. I'm not expecting too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I've got the soundtrack, art book, sealed copies of the original US releases of both Ico and Colossus, sealed JP Ico, the US PS3 collection (which is what I play), and the NICO DVD. I thought about the Kotobukiya Colossus statues, but since they didn't do all the colossi, I haven't pulled the trigger.
That's some collection. I thought Kotobukiya was going to release a good number of the colossus statues. I didn't like the first one that much. But since that's the only one they made he goes for a lot now.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:51 PM   #6035
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
That's some collection. I thought Kotobukiya was going to release a good number of the colossus statues. I didn't like the first one that much. But since that's the only one they made he goes for a lot now.
Oh, you're talking about the large "First Colossus" statue, which I can understand them only doing him as he's on the cover. I was referring more to the "One Coin" smaller statues. Since I'd want all 16, that would be the way to go. i.e. affordable, but for some reason they stopped after only six or so. A shame.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:52 AM   #6036
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Got my 1989 Batman "In the Pale Moonlight" print today from Francesco Francavilla. I am not going to lie, fairly disappointed with the quality of the paper, and by extension print. It as a quasi litho property to it which bummer me out after dropping $75 plus shipping in addition to a 3-4 month wait. The only bonus was that after all the domestic orders he shipped flat got destroyed the handful of international ones got put in tubes. Super cheap and ridiculously small tubes, but tubes nonetheless.

Likely wouldn't jump in on any of his future offerings as a result.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:47 AM   #6037
Simplyrob

I think I saw a thread somewhere that a bunch of his art was arriving bent.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:18 AM   #6038
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That sucks!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #6039
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Picked up Bottleneck Gallery's Star Wars regular print by Juan Rodriguez. I like that they are giving first rights of refusal to future releases with matching numbers when you buy the first one.

Last edited by MONSTER; 02-06-2015 at 01:51 PM.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #6040
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I like that they are giving first rights of refusal to future releases with matching numbers when you buy the first one.
Pretty solid business idea. Capitalize on the collector fury over matching #'s and sets, even when the prints are meh.