Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #11
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardandtracy View Post
Wei:
Are you determined to bankrupt me?

That'll be the only possible result if you keep producing statues of this quality.

The sculpting looks to be easily up to the beauty of Hera, possibly even better. The pose is relaxed, informal and believable. Amazing.

Regards,

Richard.
Haha, thanks Richard. Of the three Greek Myths, I like this one the most. I felt drained after finishing the design and sculpt of this. Which is a good sign for me as that meant it really pushed my limits.

And this time there's more nude details in the front=). -Wei
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 AM   #12
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have come back quite often to look at this, because it is really astonishing.
There is one part of the pose that looks as if it could be slightly improved to me, though. I don't know if the statue design has been frozen, so this small comment could be too late..

Right hand. The fingers are curled. I am not convinced of the curl. If you were standing up against a balustrade or equivalent, as she seems to be, would you not unconsciously put the pads of your fingers on the balustrade to get a grip if you needed to rather than have the chance of your fingernails skittering over it? In short, I think her right hand fingers are just a little too curled.
Hands are something that are difficult to get perfect - it's one of those things that doesn't jump out at you immediately, but after a few years I eventually noticed that Poser/DAZ Studio 3D character models on www.renderosity.com looked more realistic when the artist got the hands right, and just that small point could make the rendered image look much less like a computer rendering than one where the hands are not quite right. One prolific artist who gets it right almost every time on Renderosity is RGUS, his gallery is here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/galle...?username=rgus .

Left hand: perfect. Pose: there is a wonderful sinuous line to her spine & legs. That's great. On tip toes..? Hmm, but the rest of the pose is too perfect to disturb.

Sorry for the late comment.

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #13
3stun

Fantastic job.
Left hand suggests she's holding something. An apple maybe? You know, the Apple of Discord, that greek Goddesses were fighting about, eventually causing the Trojan War.
According to the myth, Aphrodite was the one to get the apple, so it makes sense.

Oh, and that "on-the-tips-of-your-toes" stand... It makes more sense here than with Athena, since Aphrodite is leaning against the shell. But really, that's becoming typical. I hope Wei will not make all of the Goddesses standing like that. Just for difference.

I hope Yamato does the hair part right on this one. So far, my only complaints to Yamato pieces has been about hair, especially long hair (see Luz Malefic).
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #14
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Yeah baby! I like it!
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #15
Weiworks

Thanks for your comment guys (and girls?). Regarding the hand, when I started it, I was planning on having her hair flow through her hand, but due to technical reasons, I didn't do it. I figure it'll be too fragile of an area, especially having it goes through the fingers. So I dropped that idea.

I suppose you can always put something on her hand=).
Old 04-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #16
richardandtracy

I see where the curled fingers came from. No worries - 'tis but a tiny thing. Not a big enough flaw to save me money. Second thought, maybe I should try to get really upset about it...

Richard
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:03 AM   #17
Weiworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardandtracy View Post
I see where the curled fingers came from. No worries - 'tis but a tiny thing. Not a big enough flaw to save me money. Second thought, maybe I should try to get really upset about it...

Richard
Nice=).
Old 04-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #18
dechirico7
The Flash

I like how her left hand is. It looks like she ran her fingers through her hair. As a woman, I've done this many times, I know, lol. Kind of makes her seem more vain, playing with her hair.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:35 AM   #19
Weiworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I like how her left hand is. It looks like she ran her fingers through her hair. As a woman, I've done this many times, I know, lol. Kind of makes her seem more vain, playing with her hair.
Haha, now you're getting people excited=).
Old 04-09-2015, 01:55 AM   #20
Versuscinema
Fantastic Four

Feet, Finally a different type of let.
they all had the same shoes so far

feet are much better
Versuscinema is offline   Reply With Quote