Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 09-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

There's some speculation that by not showing a lit lightsaber with this figure, HT is avoiding spoiling the fact that he will ignite his saber in the film. So once the film is released we may see that the figure does indeed come with a lit lightsaber. Although if that's the case then Hasbro already spoiled that fact by including a full lightsaber with their R1 Vader.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #12
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Guess you are passing on TFA Luke.
I never had any intention of picking up TFA Luke (think I am going to stick with armored characters for my HT SW collection), but I can at least understand Luke's lightsaber omission. We never saw what his lightsaber hilt might look like and don't know what color it may be. It might either be a big spoiler for Episode VIII or the film makers themselves haven't decided those details yet. With Vader however, we know what both the hilt and the color saber look like. So there is no reason not to include it other than attempting to convince collectors they need multiple versions of the same character.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
So does the inclusion of just a hilt mean that Darth Vader won't use his saber? Or will Hot Toys include a lit lightsaber after the movie comes out?
I'm guessing Vader won't use his saber in this cameo for Rogue One.

Using his cameo implies he's going to battle it out with another worthy Jedi opponent which we're not getting here.

AWESOME figure btw. Hot Toys hit all the right marks with this version of Vader!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I never had any intention of picking up TFA Luke (think I am going to stick with armored characters for my HT SW collection), but I can at least understand Luke's lightsaber omission. We never saw what his lightsaber hilt might look like and don't know what color it may be. It might either be a big spoiler for Episode VIII or the film makers themselves haven't decided those details yet. With Vader however, we know what both the hilt and the color saber look like. So there is no reason not to include it other than attempting to convince collectors they need multiple versions of the same character.
You do know that all these different armored characters are intentionally designed for the toy industry so people will buy all the different types. It's no different than the same character in different outfits or at different times of their screen life. We are all sucumbing to the marketing hype that is Disney.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #15
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
You do know that all these different armored characters are intentionally designed for the toy industry so people will buy all the different types. It's no different than the same character in different outfits or at different times of their screen life. We are all sucumbing to the marketing hype that is Disney.
I am fully aware of this business tactic. Hence why I own each iteration of the Stormtrooper. However, unlike the Stormtrooper which is a soldier in a vast army with different units, there is only one Vader. Releasing a Darth Vader collectible without a lightsaber is a painfully obvious and cheap attempt at exploiting the mind of a collector. One I will not support no matter my love for the character or the franchise.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:37 PM   #16
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like this new Vader, but I actually wanted the ANH version, maybe prices will go down now that the new one is coming. Or maybe I should just get the new one instead, I'm pretty sure it will come with a saber.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:30 AM   #17
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Those are precisely the reasons that it's ANH Vader.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. Which is kinda why I skipped it and was waiting for something like this Rogue One version. And honestly, I don't need the electronic voice box for all the phrases. In fact, I won't even need the lights. Plus, I think it's not hard to find a replacement 1/6 Vader lightsaber if I really want to.

Anyhow, woo hoo, it's up for preorder at the local store. Heading there later today. One Rogue One Darth Vader for me please. #Happy

demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:50 AM   #18
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I already have a custom Hot Toys ANH Vader, modified to make it more screen accurate on one side, and with new electronics that work on USB on the other. I like ANH Vader for what he was: a rough and powerful badass. So I will only need the hands from this new idealized Vader figure.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:53 AM   #19
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
I already have a custom Hot Toys ANH Vader, modified to make it more screen accurate on one side, and with new electronics that work on USB on the other. I like ANH Vader for what he was: a rough and powerful badass. So I will only need the hands from this new idealized Vader figure.
Nice
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:45 AM   #20
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The lack of a lightsaber is baffling, but I think I'm going to get this anyway. I've always wanted a 1/6 Vader for my collection, but I wasn't too happy with the other ones that have been released. This one just looks fantastic.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote