Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2017, 03:11 AM   #1
WolverineFan
I am da law!

PayPal....Paying with gift question

Hey guys, I was wondering, I don't pay with gift normally but I've been buying some xm pieces from my contact and I'm going to be sending a deposit payment as gift for the first time and I wanted to know from usd to sgd is their a small fee on our end? Paypal said if I pay via debit card or credit card the fee is larger (ex: $29.00usd) and if I pay by bank account or PayPal balance the fee is way smaller (ex: $3usd) Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong. Sorry if this sounds dumb but I never pay with gift internationally or at all really. Thanks
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I always pay my XM guy via gift. There's typically a $2-3 fee for the USD to SGD exchange when using your bank account. The fee is higher for CC funding.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #3
WolverineFan
I am da law!

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you very much
Old 05-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #4
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I try to NOT pay as gift unless it's a small amount or I know the person. If you pay as gift and something goes wrong you are not protected in regards to getting your money back. I feel it's better to spend a little extra for peace of mind than to risk losing a lot more.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:34 PM   #5
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I try to NOT pay as gift unless it's a small amount or I know the person. If you pay as gift and something goes wrong you are not protected in regards to getting your money back. I feel it's better to spend a little extra for peace of mind than to risk losing a lot more.
I think PP only covers your transaction for six months, so the risk is still there depending on how far in advance one POs. That said, I agree wholeheartedly. I would be wary of any seller/contact who *only* accepts gift payments, even if the buyer pays the fee.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #6
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I think PP only covers your transaction for six months, so the risk is still there depending on how early one POs. That said, I agree wholeheartedly. I would be wary of any seller/contact who only accepts gift payments, even if the buyer pays the fee.
That's a good point about the timeframe. And yes, I would also be leery of a buyer insisting on payment as gift for a pre-order, or anything really. Too many bad people out there.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
That's a good point about the timeframe. And yes, I would also be leery of a buyer insisting on payment as gift for a pre-order, or anything really. Too many bad people out there.
Yep. Always good to join a group and get references. Plenty on Facebook and lots of helpful folks here to PM.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
WolverineFan
I am da law!

My contact isn't insisting I pay gift. He's trustworthy. Many people use him. I was just curious about how gift works which you guys answered. I was preordering hulkbuster and I didn't want to pay the extra fees and I figured there was no point because PayPal only covers 6 months anyway