Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Brother Vinnie

Brother Vinnie is a small company/person based in Russia who makes resin statues and miniatures. He came to my attention with his 28mm sculpts but he also has started to get into the realms of 90mm miniatures.

He posted that release in another section of the forum and I tried to post something about his other stuff but it was removed. I'm guessing a moderator felt itvwasnt in the right place or something so I'm trying it here.

He recently released a new Egyptian girl. Whenever he releases a new sculpt, all the ones in that line are 10% off. Not able to resist a bargain, I got a few.

They took a bit to process my order and the language was a little rough (though their English is much better than my Russian) but once it got in the mail I had it in about a week. The dancer with her hands up had some slight defects that I'm hoping they will remedy but everything else was in good order. There was some mold lines, but overall not too bad.

It's worth being said that I dont like resin... I'm a fan of white metal. Anyway, I'll post some more pics as they come together.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
The13thWarlock

So I have not got a reply about the one broke model. I don't know if it's a language issue or if it's just bad customer service. They just released a female commissar so I'd like to take advantage of the discount on their "action girls" but I just can't seem to reach them.

Anyway... I made a little progress with the Models I have from them. In the one I pictured below I decided to make a bit of a mini diorama as I don't have a dedicated purpose for the girl as of yet. I just got in a poisonous snake from OtherWorld Miniatures and thought they looked good together. The snake is finished, Brother Vinnie's girl just has some brown on her.

Before you're overly critical with the painting, remember, I'm not Hanna the Level52 Goddess of Painting! I'm just a Dungeon Master who wants some painted stuff on his table! And yes, I stole the snake color scheme from the ARH Eve statue. And yes, the one I said should be green.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
The13thWarlock

Finished the skin... some odds and ends left and it's a wrap.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
The13thWarlock

And I finished it up today. It's not Golden Demon quality work, but I'm happy with it and it will look good on my game table...

No complaints about the miniature. All the details showed through two thin coats of primer and a few levels of drybrushing and washed. That was a nice surprise as I was almost sure the scorpion on her belt would be lost. If I had any complaints for this model, it would be that it's only available in resin. I would like to have had the option to buy it in white metal.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:11 PM   #5
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Hey Warlock. Have you try looking at this site or perhaps you've heard of it?..

http://www.andreadepotusa.com/en/1/a...l#!prettyPhoto

Have a safe 4th
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:37 PM   #6
The13thWarlock

Those are cool, to be sure, but I use my figures in game so I need to keep to the 28mm scale. For coherence on my table, I primarily use OtherWorld Miniatures because they pay such homage to first edition AD&D, but I also use HastleFree miniatures and now, Brother Vinnie.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #7
omigeo
Alpha Flight

AH I see
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote