Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #351
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
It's still a good show just not great like the last two seasons. I liked the finale battle but the ending with the mom was just weird and not a good cliffhanger.

I still watch them all minus Supergirl. I like her as a guest star but they show really went downhill and was never on the same level as the others. Arrow seasons 1 and 2 were my favorites.
I actually started liking Supergirl more now that it's on the CW, it's still very quirky and sometimes i think the writers aren't sure where they want to take the characters, but I find that's much improved over what NBC was doing.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:17 AM   #352
abarron
Batman

Man that finale was a let done
Just gone through all the stuff with Savitar and HR sacrificing himself to save Iris just for Barry to walk off into the speedforce
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #353
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I still loved last season... In my opinion Flash is tied with Daredevil for the best super hero tv show. Very different but for my level of enjoyment.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #354
xforce
Hydra

Flash is awesome becuase its so unique, one of my favorite shows also
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #355
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I actually started liking Supergirl more now that it's on the CW, it's still very quirky and sometimes i think the writers aren't sure where they want to take the characters, but I find that's much improved over what NBC was doing.
Supergirl has to much "" Girl Power "" mentality to the point where it's a bit sexist. They have her boyfriend cleaning and cooking in the apartment, then you have Superman telling her how she's so superior to him, blah blah blah... I will give it credit for having pretty good special effects considering it's a TV Show. Although that might be it's undoing as I'm sure the cost per episode is high and the shows ratings are not the greatest.

BTW, It was CBS not NBC..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #356
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Supergirl has to much "" Girl Power "" mentality to the point where it's a bit sexist. They have her boyfriend cleaning and cooking in the apartment, then you have Superman telling her how she's so superior to him, blah blah blah... I will give it credit for having pretty good special effects considering it's a TV Show. Although that might be it's undoing as I'm sure the cost per episode is high and the shows ratings are not the greatest.

Agreed, I just do not like the direction they are going with it...not at all. Didnt like Superman saying he is weaker like you said and the whole lesbian sister thing was too much for me and I just don't buy it at all. Seems so forced and just out of place really.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:08 AM   #357
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:

I don't get where that's an issue, but okay. As for the Superman thing, yeah it doesn't make any sense since he's been on the planet longer and absorbed more Sunlight into his cells, if we go with the Kryptonian biology has worked in the comics, he would be stronger.

I actually think the special effects on Supergirl are below what they've done on the Flash, although the Flash has more of a following I think so they can probably afford the more expensive effects.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #358
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:

Girl Power is the current pop culture wave, and I don't think it's going away anytime soon. Carol Danver's Captain Marvel has been announced as the most powerful character in the Marvel Movie Universe and I'm sure she or Gamora, or Mantis, or the Scarlet Witch or another female character will save the day in the the Infinity Wars movies. Let's face it, men are being portrayed more and more in movies as bumbling goof balls, or down right incompetents.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:06 AM   #359
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Girl Power is the current pop culture wave, and I don't think it's going away anytime soon. Carol Danver's Captain Marvel has been announced as the most powerful character in the Marvel Movie Universe and I'm sure she or Gamora, or Mantis, or the Scarlet Witch or another female character will save the day in the the Infinity Wars movies. Let's face it, men are being portrayed more and more in movies as bumbling goof balls, or down right incompetents.

It could backfire on them in the long run given guys make up the majority of the fans. Will see how it goes as they make the Women the heroes and the guys the damsels in distress. It's pretty much what they've done with the Supergirl series and that didn't generate enough female viewers for CBS to keep the show. so who knows..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #360
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Until they realize there is more money in traditional archetypes
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote