Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #6271
ambasah
Red Skull

To me, it's not the fact that there will be issues but rather how those issues are resolved.

To begin, it would be refreshing if SS stop accepting flawed replacements from their factories. Then I don't have to hear a csr tell me they are "all like that" when I ask for a new one.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:41 AM   #6272
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
To me, it's not the fact that there will be issues but rather how those issues are resolved.

To begin, it would be refreshing if SS stop accepting flawed replacements from their factories. Then I don't have to hear a csr tell me they are "all like that" when I ask for a new one.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #6273
sparda
The Avengers

Exactly! Misfires do happen from time to time and are to be expected, but the way many statue companies deal with these, are often so underwhelming.

Again I have to refer to XM's reaction to the fault in the Xm venom head, resulting in a complete do-over of the head. This is what customers should be getting. Not the 'it is expected to be like this...'-crap. (I don't own any Xm pieces btw, so perhaps they've had their bumps as well, I don't know.)

Hopefully SSC will deliver with Thanos, and if there are any problems, they use it to show what good CS can be like. With prices inflating as they are, nothing less should be expected.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #6274
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Exactly! Misfires do happen from time to time and are to be expected, but the way many statue companies deal with these, are often so underwhelming.

Again I have to refer to XM's reaction to the fault in the Xm venom head, resulting in a complete do-over of the head. This is what customers should be getting. Not the 'it is expected to be like this...'-crap. (I don't own any Xm pieces btw, so perhaps they've had their bumps as well, I don't know.)

Hopefully SSC will deliver with Thanos, and if there are any problems, they use it to show what good CS can be like. With prices inflating as they are, nothing less should be expected.
Don't give them too much credit. XM's FIRST response WAS that is how it was supposed to be (Venom head). They sort of got dragged kicking and screaming to fix that. Plus they change stuff all the time after it has gone up for order...not a big fan of that practice.

I am not too worried that SS will mess this up. I am sure they are having a top factory make this. But, after seeing Black Canary, anything is possible.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #6275
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
But, after seeing Black Canary, anything is possible.
That's just it. QC on a $500 piece should be just as strong as on a $1200 piece.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:55 PM   #6276
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
As a collector who only started out a couple of months ago, this keeps baffling me. Not only with ssc, but other companies as well, seem to get off so easily...

They present a certain product, be it a prototype or not, stating this is what the customer can/should expect. However, when the factory piece doesn't meet the standard they themselves set, or there are blemishes on the piece etc, they claim it is to be expected...

I can't imagine a different industry where this is the case. When I buy a piece on PO, I expect to sign for a result contract, not an intention of result contract (not sue what the right term in English is). To use an analogy a certain company owner used on this forum, when I buy a car, I expect it to look and drive as presented and not suddenly find out the spoiler changed or having scratches on the door and having the dealer tell me 'we'll throw ⁿ% off if the retail price for you.'

I just don't get it.

(this remark us btw applicable to all (but Xm studios) companies, not just ranting on SSC.)
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #6277
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

You manage to snag somebodies order yet? ^^^
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #6278
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That's just it. QC on a $500 piece should be just as strong as on a $1200 piece.

Some of you guys need to start raising the bar when it comes to receiving a piece having issues and flaws and accepting it. We gotta voice our opposition towards statue companies who don't delivery so we can change the status quo. I want extremely high quality products when I spend $500+ and up. If I go buy an Apple Watch it would be perfect and have no scratches on it.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #6279
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Actually the comparison is bang on and cant be compared to movies with different budgets, Gladiator came out for pre order WITH Batman PF up for sale the same month years back, we do know that Gladiator cost about the same as Thanos to produce as the with observation is a no brainer. Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman both came out back then as well and are all for sale on Sideshow site for $450 which is only $50 more than 5 years ago and they are waiting for more batches of those to be made in China so the cost of production has not gone up much at all, SO Gladiator today would be no more than $700 which means all the money over $799 for Thanos is "lets see if they will pay it" price and not what it should cost. That is fine, charge whatever you want. But dont call it justified when it is clearly not. Great overpriced statue and that is how life goes, live in reality and be happy to overpay, dont con yourself that Sideshow had to charge more than $900.
All I'm saying is everything in bold you have zero proof for. It's all speculation. Still a different statue for a different character at a different time.

I don't know how much it costs to make this new Thanos. My argument is not that it does or does not cost more or less than anything else, my argument is that you don't know either.

I will however agree that for $1200 US (one million Canadian) the quality needs to be exceptional
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #6280
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I really like the Thanos piece, and I'm keeping my preorder, but if the thing is subpar and not on the same level as some of the XM pieces I have that were priced lower (pre shipping) it's going right back and I'm done.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote