Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
hoofs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Bowens Return

I am a hard working middle class worker and can not afford this hobby anymore XM,Prime one,Sideshow etc,etc have taken over and are producing statues that are way out of price range for me and there seems to be no end in sight. I am not complaining but I just dont have the money or the room for these huge statues. I just want to keep collecting the 1/8 scale statues and mini busts that Randy started.Their size was perfect and their price was not only affordable but his selection of characters was awesome.I dont think I am the only one who feels this way and if Randy ever does come back (hopefully he will) I know he will be a huge sucess.This will be the best sequel yet . Until the return MAKE MINE BOWEN
hoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofs View Post
I am a hard working middle class worker and can not afford this hobby anymore XM,Prime one,Sideshow etc,etc have taken over and are producing statues that are way out of price range for me and there seems to be no end in sight. I am not complaining but I just dont have the money or the room for these huge statues. I just want to keep collecting the 1/8 scale statues and mini busts that Randy started.Their size was perfect and their price was not only affordable but his selection of characters was awesome.I dont think I am the only one who feels this way and if Randy ever does come back (hopefully he will) I know he will be a huge sucess.This will be the best sequel yet . Until the return MAKE MINE BOWEN

Totally with you! I’ve got some Sideshow PFs and couple XM but a majority of my collection is 1/6 and most are Bowen’s.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
MrYac
Hercules

agreed, but sadly i can't help but think that even if Bowen did come back with the same size stuff they'd still be in $600 range on average today.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
agreed, but sadly i can't help but think that even if Bowen did come back with the same size stuff they'd still be in $600 range on average today.
It's true. U.S. has been addicted to cheap labor for decades but China's moved up to a 2nd not 3rd world country anymore and the good times are over.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #5
protector2814
Phoenix

The last statue I bought was Bowen's Frankenstein's Monster, fresh off the boat from China. I'll wait till he's back to buy another. 90% of my collection are Bowen's.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #6
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I agree. I think they would still be pretty expensive and the bigger characters would be even more so. I like 1/4 so I probably wouldn't collect Bowen if he came back.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:01 PM   #7
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

not just statues that are so much, but shipping, taxes. was awesome when you could ship a regular 1/4 in US for $20.00 coast to coast, now to ship a regular 1/4 just few hundred miles is $40. 00. Would he want to do statues now.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:21 PM   #8
Mister H
Green Goblin

I would pay a little extra for new Bowen pieces.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:34 AM   #9
Asgard
Deadman

I came to the collectors party a little later.
Why doesn't Bowens sell statues anymore?

I own Bowen's Madelyne Pryor
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #10
MaxGoof
Nightwing

I don’t agree about Bowen’s needing to cost $600-ish. If DST can do resin statues in the same scale for about $150, then Bowen can do them with slightly lower runs and better paint in the $300 range, IMO.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote