Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I hope it comes out great for a reasonable price. I am looking for that one excellect Conan statue to own. I have yet to purchase one that satisfies me. I loved the SS Arnold Conan PF, but I just missed out on that one. I enjoyed the Hard Hero Conan as well, but it was just too small.

So here is to waiting to see what ARH can do with Conan! I wish them the best in this endeavor.
I'm lucky to own a few excellent Conan pieces (2 Moore/Frazetta Barbarians and a Reel Art Conan vs Snow Giants, all three painted up by Paul Moore).....now it looks like I may get a 1/4 dio for my swan song.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #22
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

Oof, how I wish this was 1/6! That said, if this is truly as awesome as it sounds, I may be willing to part with many, many pieces to fund this puppy.
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #23
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I cannot fathom the size of this dio, it is going to take up so much space to display, the footprint of the base must be massive.

A female tied to a pillar, Conan battling a giant 8 foot long Snake with various bones, skulls and rubble strewn about the base all in 1:4 scale, its going to be a sight to behold that's for sure.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabmike View Post
Oof, how I wish this was 1/6! That said, if this is truly as awesome as it sounds, I may be willing to part with many, many pieces to fund this puppy.
Same here. That is exactly how I felt when I first heard of this project, and I still wish it was 1/6 or 1/8 like the Moore Barbarian. For me that's perfect size for a dio and shipping purposes. Apparently I'm in the minority who would prefer 1/6 scale statues. Most collectors want 1/4 and most companies are accommodating these desires with huge pieces and big price tags. I suggested 1/6 to Arahom who specifically told me ARH no longer makes 1/6 that they only way to go is big.

As you say if this is as awesome as it sounds I'm all in but it will probably be my swan song for collecting as display space is the primary issue now. I have what I think will be just enough space for this if it turns out to be irresistible without dumping any pieces and Conan will be a great end game for me.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #25
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
probably be my swan song ... Conan will be a great end game for me.
I'm with you. Waiting and seeing!

Man, do I love me some Conan. Most of my comics will be visiting comic heaven very soon, but my Conan (and Sonja) collections won't be going anywhere.
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #26
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

1/6 would have been a perfect scale for a big dio like that.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #27
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It's gonna have to be perfect for me to get this and drop that much cash on it.

I think it's all gonna depend on the look they go for for Conan himself.

I'm pretty damn excited to see it though lol it's a great time to be a Conan fan that's for sure!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #28
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's gonna have to be perfect for me to get this and drop that much cash on it.

I think it's all gonna depend on the look they go for for Conan himself.

I'm pretty damn excited to see it though lol it's a great time to be a Conan fan that's for sure!
Totally agree...but with Troy McDevitt sculpting the heads and this being the first license for ARH chances are we best be prepared to drop the dough lol.

Judging from the experience Medusa buyers had this is going to be some shipping adventure though.

45 days and counting down.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

well suposetly sideshow is interested in carrying this dio also.So shipping should be not bad.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #30
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Arahom posted this on SM after I stated in a post that I was puzzled about the lack of interest in this project on that forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
I believe interest will sparkle once I show the first images. Here is just a teasing description;

An approximate 8 feet long giant Python snake coming out of the ground in front of Conan, facing him ready to attack. The snake is all around the base and Conan is holding a huge axe above his head ready to strike down the snake.

At Conan feet, there is a beautiful girl kneeling in terror before the snake and screaming for her life all chained up to a stake column. None of the three pieces touch each other, so there is no actually physical interaction between Conan, the snake, and the girl.

The reason for that is simple... We will offer this piece with an optional separate smaller base that you can display Conan and the girl alone without the snake. This will help those with problems with space and guarantee them an opportunity to own this piece and not need an immense space to display it. Conan and the girl alone in a smaller base is still a powerful image to display, but it will take less than half of the necessary space to display the whole thing. The complete diorama has a similar foot print than our Medusa 1/4th

Both heads, Conan and girl were sculpted by Troy McDevitt, and he captured both expressions of terror and furry to perfection! We will offer an special edition sold exclusively through ARH website with tons of extras like two different axes, three different heads for Conan, one with only hair, one with a helmet, and the third with Arnold head band. Also a removable Conan sword that you can actually take out of the scabbard. I will try to cast the sword in real metal if possible.

You guys can trust one thing. I'm putting everything I got into this piece, and I'm sure it has the WOW factor times three!!! It will be expensive, and it will not be for everyone, but for those who buy it, I'm sure there is no Conan made so far that can beat this one!
What a spectacular update!
Now we know what the something no one else is expecting is. Nice of Arahom to create something for all by giving the option to go super big or manageable big....very creative.

With confirmation on three change O heads and dual weapons display and a sword that is removable from the scabbard, I think I'll be going for the kit N kaboodle and get the ARH website EX with all the bonuses.

This really sounds like it has grailability written all over it. Time to stack the duckets folks it's gonna cost $$$$.
Looks like my swan song is going to be a doozie!!