Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Keep or remove XM coins?
Keep coins, add editon numbers to them matching statue 36 37.11%
No, remove the coins 48 49.48%
T-shirt display 0 0%
Nothing at all 9 9.28%
Other, post your idea. 2 2.06%
No. XM is not in the coin business 2 2.06%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #21
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
keep coins, add edition #, and some color.

also do it for the 1st 100 or so to reward those who preorder in advance.

this would also be great for the 1/6 diorama. all matching coins and edition sizes for those who commit a ton of money beforehand to have the entire diorama as 1 edition # and size.
Everyone preorders in advance. If you don't, you won't get any XM statues because they all sell out in a few hours or less with only a few exceptions. If the coin is kept, it should be included in all the statues imo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #22
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
keep coins, add edition #, and some color.

also do it for the 1st 100 or so to reward those who preorder in advance.

this would also be great for the 1/6 diorama. all matching coins and edition sizes for those who commit a ton of money beforehand to have the entire diorama as 1 edition # and size.
You can then forget about ever getting another coin at retail. Pre-orders would become a nightmare for collectors. The majority of these would likely be hoarded by the sellers and sold later at a profit. It would then become about who you know and how much you're willing to spend. That's no fun. This would hurt XM, I think... Also, since XM statues sell out so quickly nowadays, I don't think we need incentives to buy them earlier anymore.

If incentive extras are a must (and, I don't think they need to be at this point), the idea (hopefully) is to keep things simple for XM, not to raise costs unnecessarily, to maintain as level a playing field as possible, to not facilitate even more scalping than already exists and to not invite even more stress than before... If extras become more trouble than they're worth (it appears they are) and won't at all raise the sales of statues, then why keep producing them?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #23
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Personally, I think the coin is a hassle for collectors and XM. Yes, it's nice to have, but most of the time I leave it in the box. As for the T-shirt idea...I don't think it's a good idea at all. Most collectors won't even think of putting it on without thinking how it will affect the value of the statue if they planning to sell it in the future.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #24
Atheris
The Maxx

I posted this in the Magneto thread, but given the topic of this thread thought it made sense to place it here as well.

Not sure how feasible it is or if it would be significantly more expensive to accomplish, I think having the coins made with the character painted would make a really neat collectors item. Similar to what the Canada mint did for their collectible Superman coins shown below.

Stamping an edition number in the coin to match the statue would really make it a desirable addition to the statue. In regard to the challange of stamping the exact number of the statue in every coin and having a different coin press for each number, what you can do instead is just have the mold stamp the total ES and then write in the number of the statue manually with a marker or paint it on.

Maybe increasing the overall diameter of the coin as well by half an inch would really make it stand out when put on display.

Just some thoughts Im throwing out there. But the end result I think would really add to display and collectibility of the statue.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #25
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I say lose the coins all together ...or add coins to every statue.
This.

I like Chris' idea but I think it would be too much cost for XM, when they already give us great quality and switch out options. It would look awesome though, no doubt.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #26
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just because I never received one coin and less chance for me , I vote not to have coin with it
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #27
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Just because I never received one coin and less chance for me , I vote not to have coin with it
That makes no sense. Because you didn't get one you vote no?

I didn't get any coins ether and I have a few XM pieces on order. We're talking for future pieces that everyone will get one because every statue will come with one.

Chris
Old 02-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #28
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Time to ditch the coins. Although they are nice to have, they no longer serve their purpose of attracting early preorders (not sure if they really did to begin with considering XM's statues sell out fast). XM Studios is a statue-making company; it doesn't make sense for the company to shell out money for collectible coins. There are better ways the company can use that money.

From a customer standpoint, there are people who feel something is amiss when they preorder an XM statue without the coin. It creates that divide among collectors that is unnecessary. Not to mention, finding a statue with a coin can be bloody aggravating.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #29
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

I vote for "No, remove the coins". Nice, but no need for me.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #30
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I vote for "No, remove the coins". Nice, but no need for me.
How did I know you were gonna say that with a name like grumpybear.

Chris