Looks like Zambot 3
Sskaaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssaiyan View Post
Looks like Zambot 3
Only the crescent on the head looks similar.

GurrenLagann has human facial feature while Zombot 3 has only a face plate.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #13
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
i have been meaning to check out death note for a while now... i havent got around to it yet... and the rest i actually haven heard of... but i will check them out... Dragon Destiny sounds like it could be cool.
That title caught my eye too. Any relations to Tenjho Tenge (I might have butchered the spelling)?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #14
TheJoker
The Doh! has to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
That title caught my eye too. Any relations to Tenjho Tenge (I might have butchered the spelling)?
i dunno...

yeah man i looking for good versions on youtube... no luck of yet but i might just bite the bullet and watch a crappy version of it .... RiderV seems to know more about this though.... hes your regular anime guru well the statue forum anime guru anyway
TheJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #15
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
i dunno...

yeah man i looking for good versions on youtube... no luck of yet but i might just bite the bullet and watch a crappy version of it .... RiderV seems to know more about this though.... hes your regular anime guru well the statue forum anime guru anyway
Just when did I become the guru...

At any rate, Death Note is fairly popualr in Japan, it first appeared as manga then got anime treatment later due to high popularity.

The same artist who did the "Hikari no Go" series, Death Note also attracted vast amount of female audience, though I kinda know what Death Note is about but never interested on watching it.

It's about a note book from the god of Death and if you write a person's name on it, he/she will die. The whole story is based on someone who picked up the note book and blah blah blah...

But still, if you're interested, watch it and find out what makes this anime so ppopular.
BTW, Japanese is going to make a movie out of it if I'm not mistaken.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #16
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Yeah Car50n reccommended Death note already but can you give us some info on Dragon Destiny?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #17
riderV3

Quote:
Yeah Car50n reccommended Death note already but can you give us some info on Dragon Destiny?
I personally don't watch Ikki Tousen or Tenjho Tenje...

One thing for sure is I enjoyed the character design a lot, but that's about it.
Not too crazy about hot girls fighting but the torn shirts is sure an eye candy.

I've read some original Tenjho Tenje mangas and there're quite a few volumes that contain adult material which is utterly redundant for the whole storyline...After that I pretty much lost my interest on this type of comics or anime.

So...sorry I couldn't help on this one.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #18
P1X4R
Producer

i'll probably watch some of these in 2 or 3 years time.
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #19
TheJoker
The Doh! has to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R View Post
i'll probably watch some of these in 2 or 3 years time.
TheJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #20
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
it's a sequel to Ikki Tousen. the lords and general of ancient china(romance of the three kingdoms) are reborn into this generation and they are destined to repeat history...only in high school with tons of brawling and of course, tons of fan-service..panty shots galore. lots of torn school uniforms. so mind the kids while viewing.

as for Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann i started watching the first episode but decided to save it for another day. the biggest attraction for me was Gainax. they make quality shows whether they're mecha or not. and yes i have watched a lot of mecha, but the only ones that stand out, putting nostalgia aside (sorry voltron and gunbusters) were Neon Genesis(gainax again,) and gunsword. i'm probably forgetting another that i liked. Gundam never did it for me, i've seen the big ones, lots of the original, and endless waltz was pretty cool. but the deep space, sci-fi soaps never got me hooked.

ps. i'm not big on star trek or star wars either. so i guess it's the deep space thing.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote