Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #481
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just the Iron Man 42 so far.... It's not 100% likeness to Robert Downy Jr or Paltrow but it's pretty damn close..

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...146326&page=10
ya XM's likeness on RDJ is pretty awful...pretty much as bad (if not worse) as this attempt by SS with Evans

Anyways...
Even though the likeness is pretty far off, I still really like this statue. I just love the pose/flow of the piece and everything aside from the likeness really looks great. This, Thor and Hulk would make an awesome display.

I'm definitely keeping my EX order. I never would have posed him unmasked anyway so it was never a deal breaker for me if the likeness was off.

and lets be honest folks...how many of you only had this on order due to no NRD/double rewards? How many (who are all yelling "Cancelled!") were ever truthfully going to keep this piece?
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #482
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Need better pictures but I love the pose on this one. I would display with the mask anyway.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #483
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Need better pictures but I love the pose on this one.
The pose is what sells this one for me. Love it!
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #484
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

How can you guys say the likeness is nothing like Evans? It looks a lot like him. It is far from perfect of course but I don't see anyone else doing a better job with polystone.

Ya I know hot toys have better likeness. They are also using a different material. I suppose for real life actors the best course of action would be to have the head made of vinyl.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #485
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Wow...Guess they had some leftover BuckyCap EX heads they wanted to get rid of...

That said, it doesn't ruin the statue for me, but it's not a very close likeness.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #486
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Wow. That really doesn't look like him. Glad I have the first one. I may have to rethink getting this.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #487
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
With a stunning likeness of award-winning actor Chris Evans, we've captured every aspect of super patriot Steve Rogers as he prepares to battle the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier.

Someone at sideshow needs to renew their contact/glasses prescription or get lasik...
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
After looking at those pictures I had to double check my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st...
That quote and the reveal does make it seem like a bit of a joke.

This is a Captain America from the Winter Soldier movie. The likeness is very much a part of that. It's not comic Captain America in the STRIKE suit.

It's strange too. I thought the Thor likeness is good. So it's not a Marvel thing. The first Cap was ok too. Things should be getting better, more accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
How can you guys say the likeness is nothing like Evans? It looks a lot like him. It is far from perfect of course but I don't see anyone else doing a better job with polystone.
The Gentle Giant one is a lot closer with their scan. It's just the paint job and small details that make it look a bit off.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #488
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I keep going back and looking at the ex trying to see Evans, but it's just not there. I wish there were more pics of the ex head. I doubt the angle would change much though.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #489
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

As I mentioned on www.sideshowcollectors.com here are the reasons I'm keeping my SSC preorder:

1. A 1/4 scale STRIKE Suit Cap from TWS is one of my top wants.

2. This 1/4 statue looks better than the one from GG and is more eye-catching and dynamic than the King Arts museum pose despite having the weaker likeness.

3. I don't think we'll see another STRIKE suit Cap in 1/4 scale for a very long time, if ever. In the MCU it is a uniform he abandoned and will probably never revert back to. So all future PF's will most likely cover future looks from upcoming movies.

4. I love all of the display options. Helmet with classic shield, helmet with stealth shield, unmasked with classic shield, and unmasked with stealth shield. Four statues in one. I think I'm going unmasked with classic shield for mine. It reminds me of the elevator scene which was one of the most iconic and badass moments in the film.

At the end of the day I want a statue from a movie I love to be able to impress me day in and day out. Despite the off likeness this statue is very impressive. No one looks at it and says "what an effeminate pose" or "good likeness but so awkward, why is his back arched like that" or anything. No, this statue is all kinds of awesome. I will always think so and will just treat it as a stylized comic/actor hybrid of his appearance in TWS. Of course the ideal would be to have it look just like Evans. I am disappointed that it doesn't, but not so disappointed that I can't recognize that this is still a hella badass representation of TWS STRIKE suit Cap.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #490
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Why are they only drip feeding images? Just post the portrait and let it be critiqued properly.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote