Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 AM   #461
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygfamily21 View Post
this is nicely made statue i know. but the thing is this is not the most popular character like ironman or magneto. this wasnt doing great when xm was taking order so they only made handful. now outcome was better than expectation and because this ONE DUDE listed for 5k on ebay which i doubt if he really has one now everyone saying this is the grail and holy---- etc. give it about 6 month maximum and this will find its right price. demand wasnt high to begin with and true fan of this piece wasnt many anyways. flippers will drop the price below $1500 usd soon cause no one is gonna buy this more than that. just wait and watch.
this makes me feel better! I'm not into this piece bcuz of the hype, I really wanted it since the time I saw the render. I just didn't pay attention to what MTO was back then but I like your confidence that I would be able to buy this soon...
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:28 AM   #462
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ah really? All those you didn’t get one say “I”. How on earth is anyone ev en knocking this masterpiece. Not in demand? Sales were low to begin with. Bottom line it’s best Spide rogue by XMto date period and there have been some good ones. Just because he’s not A list doesn’t mean this is not a to notch piece. No offence but most of people chiming in right now don’t even own one , I bet they wish they did. Anyways it’s amazing
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:58 AM   #463
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If you really want this piece just join the facebook statue groups. I have seen a couple sellers selling this for pretty much close to retail price. This is Scorpion were talking about and no one is going to pay even 2k for this.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:24 AM   #464
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

I don’t think anybdy is knocking on this piece, but it’s not worth anything north of 1k usd in my book. Especially with so many options out there.

Niche character doesn’t matter most of the time, a lot of ppl collect for aesthetic value.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:27 AM   #465
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m a Spiderman fan his collecting base is huge. One of the biggest next to Batman. So it’s not that niche . Especially when a few of XM baddies really were not that great example Kraven , kingpin so when a solid dynamic and first time ever in 1/4 master piece like this comes out , it’s going to be sought after . It already is
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #466
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
this makes me feel better! I'm not into this piece bcuz of the hype, I really wanted it since the time I saw the render. I just didn't pay attention to what MTO was back then but I like your confidence that I would be able to buy this soon...
trust me bud. this is a nice statue but not xm magnito. will be around $1000-$1500 in next 6 months.
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #467
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

Well at least Scorpion is scaled correctly and only 300 made. I'd say that's something. XMs Magneto is so tiny compared along side other XM statues. And without a custom portrait on Mags it ain't got sh!t on Scorpion.
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #468
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^He might be slightly small, but both portraits are amazing better than SS's for me no doubt. Both Magneto and Scorpion are 2 of XM's best, I'd say they're both top 5.

I'm commenting on Throne, the white suit is awesome but that's not the version for me.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #469
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmtongue View Post
Well at least Scorpion is scaled correctly and only 300 made. I'd say that's something. XMs Magneto is so tiny compared along side other XM statues. And without a custom portrait on Mags it ain't got sh!t on Scorpion.
Which magneto is this? White or throne?
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #470
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
Which magneto is this? White or throne?
Throne
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote