Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-12-2021, 11:36 PM   #11
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JranasaurusRex View Post
USPS quoted $95.00, but refused acceptance, due to the oversized box, which is a fairly new policy for USPS, I guess.
They have always had size restrictions, they don't take large weight(over 70lb) or very large size packages.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:37 PM   #12
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Hey congrats, 2 boxes doubles shipping rates. Post pics when you can.
2 boxes might be HALF or less of one huge box which is usually why they break these big pieces up.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:32 AM   #13
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Got the second box, 1 of 2. The IndoRaptor box. Its almost 4 ft tall & 35 pounds.

Whole thing goes together as easy as any statue and it does not have a lot of weight with the base and indoraptor being in 2 boxes, its easy to lift.

Be careful taking IndoRaptor out of box, I pulled out one on the hair/sensor spines when I was taking it out of the box. Lift it up from back/ base of tail and back/base of neck and lift it top side(back up first) a little, then slowly ease other side out. Be careful where you grab it. It has these hair/spines on the arms and all over the back, if you squeeze them too hard, they come out.) Carry statue to base from under belly side.

It came with 5 replacement hairs in tiny zip lock, they just slide back in, but no longer glued into place like it originally was.

LED are super bright without cover, look away bright, the roof cover gives it a nice glow. You will see what I am talking about. Need to purchase 4 C batteries, does not come with it.

I see why they put it in 2 boxes. Adding another 23 pounds to the almost 4ft tall, 35 pond IndoRaptor box would of made it a 2 person move. It would of been tall and weight not balanced in one box. The IndoRaptor is almost twice as long as base.

The hardest part of the whole set was, the box is so tall, you cant reach down and position bottom stry-foam corners or center piece with your arms, to put back the display box, back in brown shipping box and store it and I am 6' 4" tall. Had to us broom handle.

Actual Indoraptor is 40" wide, bigger than the Chronicle Raptor 1:1 bust at 30" tall. You need a big space to display.

Pic attached of assembled item
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210113_082923.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	136007  
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote