Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-13-2021, 02:00 AM   #581
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
You do realise that left hand is much closer to the camera and opened, right? Both arms can also be swiveled inwards and outwards by the magnetic hold, so no two pics are going to look the same.

The head can also be articulated, not just left and right, but up and down, and also angled diagonally to left and right, as it is connected by a ball joint, no other endo on the market has this feature, with this degree of head articulation you can capture some excellent (as well as 'different') head poses. That one you've shown is facing upwards (not forward) as you can see three vertebras, forward facing you would see two.

The head piece is the same on both full scale statue and bust, in case you didn't know.

If you do happen to find a picture of the endo topping over with broken foot and toes, do please share it with us. I would be curious to know how many (if any) of the hundreds of batches sold, that this has occured.
Absolutely. I know that.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:33 AM   #582
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

If you do happen to find a picture of the endo topping over with broken foot and toes, do please share it with us. I would be curious to know how many (if any) of the hundreds of batches sold, that this has occured.
That would probably only happen over time, might take a year or two to have those issues from the lean, but it will eventually happen with some of those extreme examples.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:10 AM   #583
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That would probably only happen over time, might take a year or two to have those issues from the lean, but it will eventually happen with some of those extreme examples.

From both Sideshow and Statue forums, I only recall SilentSurfer reporting to have some sort of leaning issue and and I really hope his one stands the test of time or if he was able to managed to find a way to better support his statue. Yet it actually may still stand the test of time, as most folks seem to judge this as an issue when it hasn't become an issue, yet, or if it ever becomes an issue.

The rest of us collectors, we were initially very concerned and hyper critical, but once in hand, there were no issues, each and every one of us are happy with the quality, accuracy and overall asthetics of the statue. For me, I absolutely rate this as the best endo, only second to the life size genisys version 2, no endo statue comes close to that one in terms of craftsmanship. The teeth on this one could be a little bigger and it is missing forearm cables. Those are the glaring flaws for me, other than that it is technically flawless and blows all the other original endos away.

The hip joint is very thick and embedded in a square shape key lock connection, it absolutely won't move as it's held by both thick metal rods and reinforced by inches of polystone. The foot peg is made of metal, with the right foot peg rod being almost twice the thickness of sideshows life size endo foot peg. The torso is 10kgs at most and my mate, a construction engineer said the rod thickness can easily hold 40 to 50kgs of weight without any deformity on the peg, even at a horizontal axis of 90 degrees (the statue forward lean is approx 30 degrees), so unless you physically bash and thump the statue on a daily basis, it'll stand for a very, very long time, long enough to not even care about it in future.

However, the pegs must sit flush, especially on the right foot, otherwise all the weight will lean forward on the feet and toes and this is where problems can occur.

For those who want to take a closer observation of the parts I've described, burtial has an excellent review on youtube where he shows close up shots of the leg rods and hip joints.

That said, I'm sure collectors other than myself would be keen to see, over the years, any Prime 1 endos having broken parts due to the leaning speculation described by some. It's always good to know the fault rate of a product for future track record of a company. There could be a few broken statues out of hundreds, there could be none, but that is life, nothing is not without an element of risk. For some if it's too much risk, that is perfectly ok to back out, I respect that decision, as I have backed out for nearly a decade until this great piece came along. To those who have it, including the bust, please post some pics, it'll be awesome to see the bust as there has rarely been pics of it. Stingray, can't wait for you to get the genisys endo, I'm becoming a huge fan of this design, it'll be worth the long wait, you deserve absolutely an awesome piece of terminator history. That statue is going to rock hard.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #584
Dundee
Hydra

Some pics of the Prime 1 endoskeleton
Old 01-17-2021, 07:56 PM   #585
FDS
Justice League

Have to agree with Dundee!

This is one of my favourite peices! Just love it! Can't wait for the Arnold one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20210117_234648.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	136133  
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:34 PM   #586
Dundee
Hydra

Lucky few to have both these pieces! Looks amazing together. You got a good HCG piece, the eyes align and teeth look better on that one. If it had an articulated head I would have snapped it up years ago. The HCG is behind the P1, excluding bases, how does the overall size compare with these two side by side?
Old 01-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #587
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Lucky few to have both these pieces! Looks amazing together. You got a good HCG piece, the eyes align and teeth look better on that one. If it had an articulated head I would have snapped it up years ago. The HCG is behind the P1, excluding bases, how does the overall size compare with these two side by side?
The prime 1 is slightly taller in height, excluding the base’s. Approximately, prime 1, from feet to skull is about 94cm and the HCG is around 90cm. I got the HGC on a slightly higher table, and the base of that is thick, and it just about comes level to the Prime 1. I much prefer the overall look and posture of the Prime 1 endo. The HCG just looks a bit too stiff in comparison. Still like it, but love the Prime 1 version.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #588
Vader
Ghost

do you have a picture of their full bodies together?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #589
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Is the 1/3 of this ever going into production?
Was there ever talk of a 1/3?

Hope they base it on T2. Would love to see some guns included with an Endo again.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #590
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Was there ever talk of a 1/3?
There was, but it was a loong time ago, shortly after the 1:2 was revealed - people asked about it and they essentially said "yes, but not right now".

Methinks that ship has sailed, though.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote