Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-29-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Prime 1 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - IndoRaptor Shipping

Just got notification from sideshow, Prime 1 IndoRaptor will be at their warehouse next week and shipping out.

Prime 1 Studio online store has them for sale also still available. Limited Edition 250.

This thing is 39" wide. LED base is really cool feature.

https://www.prime1studio.com/jw2-ind...cjw2-03ex.html
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
statuestudy
Frackin!

Sideshow is charging me $107.77 to ship it to Nebraska from their wharehose in CA. I knew this was large and shipping costs across the borad increased but jeeze. I forgot how much Chronicle charged to ship the Prime 1 T-Rex and Blue from Texas last year. I am thinking it was around the $60-80 range.

I cheked Prime 1's website and they were charging $337 for economy shipping (1-3 months) and $589 for standard (1-3 weeks) from China.

Sideshow also notified me that the Iron Studios Sick Tric dioramora is shipping the week after the Indoraptor. 2021 is not starting off as a good year for my bank account. If only the US Goverment would give me a $2,000 check I could have those paid for.
statuestudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:57 AM   #3
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Mods please merge this with the Indoraptor thread
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:03 AM   #4
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuestudy View Post
Sideshow is charging me $107.77 to ship it to Nebraska from their wharehose in CA. I knew this was large and shipping costs across the borad increased but jeeze. I forgot how much Chronicle charged to ship the Prime 1 T-Rex and Blue from Texas last year. I am thinking it was around the $60-80 range.

I cheeked Prime 1's website and they were charging $337 for economy shipping (1-3 months) and $589 for standard (1-3 weeks) from China.

Sideshow also notified me that the Iron Studios Sick Tric dioramora is shipping the week after the Indoraptor. 2021 is not starting off as a good year for my bank account. If only the US Government would give me a $2,000 check I could have those paid for.
I just checked my Sideshow IndoRaptor order, same shipping cost $110.00.

I think what happened is USPS does not allow you to ship the really large boxes anymore, they use to be 1/2 or 1/3rd the UPS price. But now they are rejecting anything over a certain size, I found that out with 1/1 Raptor Bust and Baby Blue, I received just before Christmas. It was UPS, for both items.

The Raptor 1:1 bust box weighed 65 1bs = $158.90 UPS 3 day. Actual item was 30" H x 10" W x 28" W x: 65.00 lbs.

The Baby Blue weighed 25lbs = 27’ H x 32.5 “ 24.5” D. Original shipping quote was USPS priority=$93.39, then had to switch to UPS, because USPS rejected item as over the size limit. UPS cost was $245.00, the oversized package" and oversized rates applied

But this was the biggest box ever received, even bigger than the Iron Studios T-REX Attack set A & B, that came in 4 very large/heavy boxes.

Shipping cost do suck, but they really dont charge by weight as much as cubic feet taken up in plane/truck.

I checked the Prime1 site, $415.00 to ship to united states for IndoRaptor.

Also for comparison, I received the Iron Studios 1/10th Sick Triceratops a week before Christmas from Iron Studios-Los Angeles. Shipped with FedEX ground=$66.47

I think it just the cost of shipping now. Covid seems to have affected everything, we notice items in grocery store have double in price over the year of 2020.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:23 AM   #5
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

I plugged in the Prime 1 IndoRaptor dimensions + 2" for brown wrapper and stry-foam inserts and item weight at 25 pounds, UPS rounded up the billable weight to 120 pounds? UPS ground cost=$193.48

Put in same dimensions and weight for USPS Priority Mail, package is over the size limit.

see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	135707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	135708  
Old 01-04-2021, 01:12 AM   #6
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm on the waitlist for this at SS, I hate to think what they would charge to ship this to Australia, but I don't have a choice.....
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:45 PM   #7
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
I'm on the waitlist for this at SS, I hate to think what they would charge to ship this to Australia, but I don't have a choice.....
It just arrived for me.

It comes in 2 boxes.

Box #1 33.5 pounds
Box #2 23.5 pounds
Old 01-11-2021, 11:24 PM   #8
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JranasaurusRex View Post
It just arrived for me.

It comes in 2 boxes.

Box #1 33.5 pounds
Box #2 23.5 pounds
Hey congrats, 2 boxes doubles shipping rates. Post pics when you can.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:10 AM   #9
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Damn, 2 boxes. No wonder shipping is criminal. Insane piece tho.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:16 AM   #10
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Damn, 2 boxes. No wonder shipping is criminal. Insane piece tho.
No pics yet, when I went to UPS store, there was only one box delivered. 2nd one coming today.

I found this video from Prime 1 on unboxing and stetting up IndoRaptor. Its really easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWrhehgNMGo.

I got the smaller, Box 2 of 2. It was the base box. Not very big. Shipping label said 23.5 pounds.

It was just the base with the built in lights (in one piece) and metal roof cover and light panels (in one piece)

The Indoraptor, battery panel cover, roof post, roof ladder and bonus I-Rex light rib bone from movie are in box 1 of 2. Need to buy 4 C batteries for the lights to work.

I think what has happened is that oversized boxes are really expensive now as USPS does not even accept them, thus maybe the 2 box solution. Plus less likelihood of breakage.

When I bought the Prime 1 Baby Blue, box weighed 35 pounds shipped, but the box was enormous, barely could get my arms around to pick up. That was $245.00 to ship US to US, UPS. USPS quoted $95.00, but refused acceptance, due to the oversized box, which is a fairly new policy for USPS, I guess.

The IndoRaptor in 2 separated boxes, both shipped for a total shipping cost of $100.00 from sideshow California to Florida.