Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #21
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I understnad the need for originality but sorry i am not feeling this one at all, prones to a highly stylistic Fashion cloth and she is like a catwalk model. Not intersted if this line strays so far away from the essence of the characters
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:18 PM   #22
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I understnad the need for originality but sorry i am not feeling this one at all, prones to a highly stylistic Fashion cloth and she is like a catwalk model. Not intersted if this line strays so far away from the essence of the characters
I understand a lot of people are purists...but what is the essence of the character? For them all to look essentially the same? IF I was to imagine Catwoman in Japan...this is how I would imagine her looking. She still has her whip, claws, skin tight leather pants, this face is a beautiful Selina Kyle. And then the bike. It all screams Catwoman to me.

When people looked at Gladiator Hulk...a lot of people who never read those stories were like why does Hulk have weapons he doesn't need them. He shatters mountains with his fists...I had to wrap my mind around it. And then purists thought his face was too human. Regardless...Gladiator Hulk is amazing and one of the best done renditions of Hulk. I understand that story is canon and therefore people are finding this version of Bats more difficult to conceive.

XM is asking us to use our imagination...when u consider this storyline with Batman and his cast being in Japan...they have adopted elements of their environment but they are still in essence those characters. I don't see a great deviation...when I see Batman he looks amazing...to me the greatest rendition of Batman I have ever seen and Catwoman is coming together nicely. I understand not everyone's cup of tea...but I am sold
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #23
built2shred
Phoenix

I agree with some of the comments, Unless I was told, there was no way I would guess this was Catwoman.... Her outfit is to casual. You need to go more of a ninja style outfit

Maybe something like this but with your portrait and cat mask... Add a rolled up whip which is attached to her hip, maybe some swords on her back...

Anyways just throwing ideas out there
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #24
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
I understand a lot of people are purists...but what is the essence of the character? For them all to look essentially the same? IF I was to imagine Catwoman in Japan...this is how I would imagine her looking. She still has her whip, claws, skin tight leather pants, this face is a beautiful Selina Kyle. And then the bike. It all screams Catwoman to me.

When people looked at Gladiator Hulk...a lot of people who never read those stories were like why does Hulk have weapons he doesn't need them. He shatters mountains with his fists...I had to wrap my mind around it. And then purists thought his face was too human. Regardless...Gladiator Hulk is amazing and one of the best done renditions of Hulk. I understand that story is canon and therefore people are finding this version of Bats more difficult to conceive.

XM is asking us to use our imagination...when u consider this storyline with Batman and his cast being in Japan...they have adopted elements of their environment but they are still in essence those characters. I don't see a great deviation...when I see Batman he looks amazing...to me the greatest rendition of Batman I have ever seen and Catwoman is coming together nicely. I understand not everyone's cup of tea...but I am sold
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #25
Cali604
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I agree with some of the comments, Unless I was told, there was no way I would guess this was Catwoman.... Her outfit is to casual. You need to go more of a ninja style outfit

Maybe something like this but with your portrait and cat mask... Add a rolled up whip which is attached to her hip, maybe some swords on her back...

Anyways just throwing ideas out there
I agree there are still adjustments left to be done for Catwoman. and yes as you mentioned the Cat Mask is another item that is essential for Catwoman. Its looks like XM is still going through the process with her and have allowed us to view her at an earlier stage to hear our thoughts

I'm just not too big on adjustments to Batman. He looks pretty perfect to me. Some people have suggested swords on his back like Deadpool...I'm not a major fan of that...they look fine as is on the left side...just my two cents
Old 08-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #26
dechirico7
The Flash

I agree with the constructive critiques. I didn't want to be too harsh for once. So, I held a lot back. But I agree with most of the issues people are pointing out. If this isn't a global license, I am not even going to put any energy into this line. I am actually really happy with the Sideshow's Catwomans (Leather and purple variant).
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #27
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Is the XM DC line only base on the alternate universe or something? They don't look like the DC characters I see in the comics?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #28
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Is the XM DC line only base on the alternate universe or something? They don't look like the DC characters I see in the comics?
their own idea..based in Japan ?
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:31 AM   #29
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I dig it and would buy it. You purists have so many Catwoman statue options to choose from so how about refraining from criticizing something from straying from comic accuracy, when that IS the specific point of the piece. In other words, how about not spoiling it for those of us that like it and would like to see it happen?

DC could learn something from this sort of design sensibility as they've been screwing the pooch in regards to the character design of Catwoman for a long time. She should be sleek and stylish and high-fashiony IMO
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:59 AM   #30
Cali604
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I dig it and would buy it. You purists have so many Catwoman statue options to choose from so how about refraining from criticizing something from straying from comic accuracy, when that IS the specific point of the piece. In other words, how about not spoiling it for those of us that like it and would like to see it happen?

DC could learn something from this sort of design sensibility as they've been screwing the pooch in regards to the character design of Catwoman for a long time. She should be sleek and stylish and high-fashiony IMO