Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Customers asking for a change to a statue:

XM: Sure we can change it
Prime 1: Yeah will look into that
Sideshow: HEY LOOK ITS CHEETARA!
ftfy

But yeah their response to negative feedback is reduce the edition size.
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #1023
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Customers asking for a change to a statue:

XM: Sure we can change it
Prime 1: Yeah will look into that
Sideshow: Silence with crickets in the background
You would think they would lead by example. Even PCS would make changes after the statue goes on preorder.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #1024
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Using magnet can solve the keyhole problem if Sideshow accept.
Now that's a smart idea. Sadly it will not happen. The only way this would happen if management and possibility the art director changes. Maybe it's time for them to step down? JMHO
Old 03-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #1025
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

This forum is to the point of amazing when it comes to Scrutiny.

Superman - a single angle of the chin is poor, over half the thread

Wonder Woman - perfect BUT the shield is keyed, that is shown on the statue in every picture on the website, how dare SSC firmly attach it to the statue!! 50 plus posts, once in hand and only secured by magnet and wobbly, the -----ing will continue, "How dare they don't secure this better"

Deathstroke - isn't wearing spandex and pirate boots in 2018, an entire thread, meanwhile the 1/3 Iron Man Deathstroke was loved, no comic link, no pirate boots, nor spandex.

Lion-O - Not "MY" Lion-O, 90% of a thread just pure Hate.

Swamp Thing - "A production piece doesn't even exist yet but I can tell you that production pieces are horrible, the worst ever!"

All approved by the licensor, all meticulously crafted by master craftsmen, all mass produced within a desired consumer price point.

This board is not a celebration of the art of the Statue and the incredible point the craftsmanship has reached nevermind the resounding quality of the mass produced piece, in China, no less, but an endless B#$%h fest.

I will become the silent majority (97%) that hits "Buy" without a hitch and enjoys each and every release by SSC without the ridiculous whining of this board in my life.

I thought posting positivity for "lines," we all would love to see continue, may change the mood in the slightest, but not at all, the vitriol is just beyond repair. Which is sad as this board comes up on the second page of google search results and I'm sure contributes to the death of so many great lines of statues with this forum's endless pages of negativity easily influencing the uneducated buyer.

BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #1026
Gothamite
Phoenix

I'd rather see negative posts instead of praise, which is already amply done by these companies' own marketing teams. I wish someone had talked me out of buying the Batgirl statue, which looked nice but had QC problems that are unacceptable on a $400-$500 item.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #1027
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post

Wonder Woman - perfect BUT the shield is keyed, that is shown on the statue in every picture on the website, how dare SSC firmly attach it to the statue!! 50 plus posts, once in hand and only secured by magnet and wobbly, the -----ing will continue, "How dare they don't secure this better"

Deathstroke - isn't wearing spandex and pirate boots in 2018, an entire thread, meanwhile the 1/3 Iron Man Deathstroke was loved, no comic link, no pirate boots, nor spandex.

Swamp Thing - "A production piece doesn't even exist yet but I can tell you that production pieces are horrible, the worst ever!"

All approved by the licensor, all meticulously crafted by master craftsmen, all mass produced within a desired consumer price point.

This board is not a celebration of the art of the Statue and the incredible point the craftsmanship has reached nevermind the resounding quality of the mass produced piece, in China, no less, but an endless B#$%h fest.

I will become the silent majority (97%) that hits "Buy" without a hitch and enjoys each and every release by SSC without the ridiculous whining of this board in my life.

I thought posting positivity for "lines," we all would love to see continue, may change the mood in the slightest, but not at all, the vitriol is just beyond repair. Which is sad as this board comes up on the second page of google search results and I'm sure contributes to the death of so many great lines of statues with this forum's endless pages of negativity easily influencing the uneducated buyer.

No matter what in life, people see things and they want them to be the best they can be. Outlining the issue with each piece is beneficial to the company and consumer. I can’t address all your concerns but you have definitely over-simplified a lot of the complaints when it comes to certain pieces. When we aren’t collecting $20 action figures, people have expectations.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #1028
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
No matter what in life, people see things and they want them to be the best they can be. Outlining the issue with each piece is beneficial to the company and consumer. I can’t address all your concerns but you have definitely over-simplified a lot of the complaints when it comes to certain pieces. When we aren’t collecting $20 action figures, people have expectations.
Exactly!
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #1029
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post

3 words....

Price of goods.

If ssc is going to raise prices to there statues, expectation is going to be higher. Those are valid points that ssc will have to deal with. We keep them in business to raise the bar and be the standard for this industry. When we have companies like Prime 1, XM and lesser extend of PCS that are willing to listen and make changes, that tells that they care. Sometimes art direction from sideshow just suck and sometimes it's phenomenal. I would like ssc be more phenomenal then the latter. It's okay for the biggest company in the world to listen to their fan base. Is okay to make changes and admit they are not always right. That would be a sign of a great company to support and buy from.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #1030
Bubblegun
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
3 words....

Price of goods.

If ssc is going to raise prices to there statues, expectation is going to be higher. Those are valid points that ssc will have to deal with. We keep them in business to raise the bar and be the standard for this industry. When we have companies like Prime 1, XM and lesser extend of PCS that are willing to listen and make changes, that tells that they care. Sometimes art direction from sideshow just suck and sometimes it's phenomenal. I would like ssc be more phenomenal then the latter. It's okay for the biggest company in the world to listen to their fan base. Is okay to make changes and admit they are not always right. That would be a sign of a great company to support and buy from.
This post and ComicJesus post hit the nail on the head.
Bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote