Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 06-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #61
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Still a no for the part 2 version,but I hope like many that changes in the future.Did you grab this one Vader?
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #62
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Still a no for the part 2 version,but I hope like many that changes in the future.Did you grab this one Vader?
why do you say that? There have been plenty of pics of a BTTF II Marty & Delorean!

joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #63
Ricky Bobby

Last I heard when Hot Toys was asked about it (last year & this year) there was still no word of whether part 2's version would ever hit production.That could all change in the future (I hope it does) but i imagine it would depend on how well the first one sells.I prefer part 2's version so I was holding off buying part 1,but since there is still no word about part 2,i ordered this one and am very happy with it
Old 06-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #64
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Well, just look how long the first took to come out.

I prefer The Third version but know I'm in the minority
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #65
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Last I heard when Hot Toys was asked about it (last year & this year) there was still no word of whether part 2's version would ever hit production.That could all change in the future (I hope it does) but i imagine it would depend on how well the first one sells.I prefer part 2's version so I was holding off buying part 1,but since there is still no word about part 2,i ordered this one and am very happy with it
i'm the same. I was waiting to hear on part 2. are you happy that you ordered the first one now that you have it in hand? will you order the second one as well?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #66
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
i'm the same. I was waiting to hear on part 2. are you happy that you ordered the first one now that you have it in hand? will you order the second one as well?
Yes I am happy with the first one V,it looks really good and I was also pleasantly surprised with how big it is in hand,pics cannot truly showcase its size.If or when part 2 comes out,i will probably get that one too,it would be cool to have part 2 setup hovering,and have part 1 and 3 on either side...that is if they also made a part 3
Old 09-13-2016, 06:34 AM   #67
Indy
Doh!

DeLorean review

Hey guys! We're collectors who run a collectible gallery in Europe and just started making video reviews. Please, check out our new show Statue Base on youtube. We'd appreciaty any feedback from you, fellow collectors! Last time we looked at the DeLorean by Hot Toys and wanted to share with you our thoughts about it. (English subtitles are included, just switch them on in youtube if they do not appear automatically).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ubtx7_DTY

Cheers and keep collecting, mates!
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:46 AM   #68
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

ATTENTION HOT TOYS:

Everyone Wants the Back to the Future 2 DeLorean more then the 1st, so please release the pre-order already for the DeLorean 2!

That's why if Hot Toys was smart and actually did a survey on their website listening to the fans that 2 is more popular they could've did really well in sales if the DeLorean 2 was chosen initially or a 1 and 2 accessory converter combo to have both versions in one. I chose not to buy the first one because I, like others want the DeLorean 2.

Since Hot Toys does their own thing not listening to the fans they made the first version and then teased us with a DeLorean 2. They had less sales with the 1st because the 2 is more popular and by revealing it before the first one even released people held off buying the 1st.. Most collectors do not want 2 of them so they should had definitely made a 1 and 2 combo.

If Hot Toys was smart they would actually do a survey on their website and listen to the fans. They could've did really well in sales with the DeLorean 1 & 2 combo, but since they do their own thing ignoring the fans they make the first version and then show their second Better version DeLorean before the first one had even released yet. The first one was still on Pre Order when the Delorean 2 was announced.

That was not smart. Everyone that saw the DeLorean 2 at the Toy fair no longer had interest in getting the DeLorean 1 once they saw the more popular version.

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:03 AM   #69
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I prefer the first one!

Just like I prefer the first Star Ship Enterprise and the first X-Wing (not the new blue one).
Old 12-13-2016, 01:57 AM   #70
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I prefer the first one!

Just like I prefer the first Star Ship Enterprise and the first X-Wing (not the new blue one).
I understand you. Hot Toys should have released this 1st one with an accessories kit to convert styles between 1 and 2 so it could give collectors more options. Having both versions in one combo could satisfy fans for the 1st car and fans for the 2nd .. They would have got more sales for this item.

Or Hot Toys could have sold the accessories kit separately to convert to the 2nd car, so it wouldn't increase the initial cost of the car.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote