Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #41
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrez View Post
I never understood why Bruce becomes a massive monster when he hulks out but Jen became a tall, green, swimsuit model.

Hulk has massive muscles that give him super-human strength. She-Hulk doesn't but has still gone toe to toe with Hulk.

I'm not invested either way so I'll just say that the statue looks like a good representation of the current character.
She-Hulk used to be attractive, yes. But she wasn't exactly drawn as a swimsuit model. And you NEVER understood why Jen wasn't drawn with Hulk-sized muscles? Really? You NEVER understood why a female comic-book character was desired to have sex appeal? Well, rejoice then. You have nothing to complain now, looks like. But you claim you're not invested either way, so...

And BTW, plenty of people without monster-size muscles and super-strength have gone toe-to-toe with Hulk.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #42
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrez View Post
I never understood why Bruce becomes a massive monster when he hulks out but Jen became a tall, green, swimsuit model.

Hulk has massive muscles that give him super-human strength. She-Hulk doesn't but has still gone toe to toe with Hulk.

I'm not invested either way so I'll just say that the statue looks like a good representation of the current character.
Bruce was abused as a child and his mother was murdered by his dad, so his rage builds up and he becomes a super huge, strong, rage monster Hulk. All his different incarnations/transformations come from different aspects of his abuse as well, so not every hulk is the same. The primary version is very mentally child-like to reflect this too.

Jen was more meek and passive in her human form and "frumpy," so her inner desire to be outgoing and "pretty" comes out when she transforms, so she's not as beefy as Bruce's rage fueled transformation. That's also why she retains her intelligence in her She-hulk form too. Hence her more "swimsuit model" look.

This current version of Jen is fueled by rage though, post Civil War II, so that's why she's so much larger and muscular than before.

As a character I get the difference, but I much prefer her more classic/original look if I'm buying a statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
She-Hulk used to be attractive, yes. But she wasn't exactly drawn as a swimsuit model. And you NEVER understood why Jen wasn't drawn with Hulk-sized muscles? Really? You NEVER understood why a female comic-book character was desired to have sex appeal? Well, rejoice then. You have nothing to complain now, looks like. But you claim you're not invested either way, so...

And BTW, plenty of people without monster-size muscles and super-strength have gone toe-to-toe with Hulk.
It does have a story driven reason, but yeah, like they aren't going to want to draw her pretty?

Exactly, you don't have to be the exact size/build of hulk to draw or win against Hulk either!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 PM   #43
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Bruce was abused as a child and his mother was murdered by his dad, so his rage builds up and he becomes a super huge, strong, rage monster Hulk. All his different incarnations/transformations come from different aspects of his abuse as well, so not every hulk is the same. The primary version is very mentally child-like to reflect this too.

Jen was more meek and passive in her human form and "frumpy," so her inner desire to be outgoing and "pretty" comes out when she transforms, so she's not as beefy as Bruce's rage fueled transformation. That's also why she retains her intelligence in her She-hulk form too. Hence her more "swimsuit model" look.

This current version of Jen is fueled by rage though, post Civil War II, so that's why she's so much larger and muscular than before.

As a character I get the difference, but I much prefer her more classic/original look if I'm buying a statue.

It does have a story driven reason, but yeah, like they aren't going to want to draw her pretty?

Exactly, you don't have to be the exact size/build of hulk to draw or win against Hulk either!
Old 05-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #44
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post

Maybe it will grow on me, but not at that price. I’ll stick to the Bishoujo version.

Not the version of She-Hulk I would've expected. And definitely not the version of She-Hulk I want.

Hopefully when they add her to the ArtFX/Fine Art line, Koto will make this version of her.

And if they want a little more muscle, then this body style would be ok to me (just soften up her face).

AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #45
Dark Knight.
Birdman

I miss the days when Koto would reveal the concept art of a new line to get excited about. I have no idea where this line is going.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:26 AM   #46
built2shred
Phoenix

To be honest this new she-hulk actually looks like a hulk, the previous one looks like a cross trainer model with green paint on her..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:34 AM   #47
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be honest this new she-hulk actually looks like a hulk, the previous one looks like a cross trainer model with green paint on her..
It's highly subjective what "actually" She-Hulk should look like. I'm used to seeing her the way she looked in 2000s, because that's when I encountered her the most.

Clearly, some people prefer this look while some people the older look and we can all give arguments to justify our positions.

Bottom line is... which look sells more merch? That has got to be the factor that should dictate terms. There are many characters people are waiting on and requesting for a while. I never even saw a She-Hulk request, much less a modern She-Hulk. So to ignore what fans want and giving us this instead seems a little misguided to me.

I'll eat my words if this statue sells well; but I think this is going to prove to be a massive misstep for Koto.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #48
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Koto cannot make anything without Marvel/Disney approval. If this was the only version of She-Hulk Marvel would approve, Koto should have passed. If Koto had the freedom to choose, Koto should have passed.

This design looks like a man with pointy pecs. Modern Marvel is so pathetically woke.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #49
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
I miss the days when Koto would reveal the concept art of a new line to get excited about. I have no idea where this line is going.
Downhill.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #50
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Koto cannot make anything without Marvel/Disney approval. If this was the only version of She-Hulk Marvel would approve, Koto should have passed. If Koto had the freedom to choose, Koto should have passed.

This design looks like a man with pointy pecs. Modern Marvel is so pathetically woke.
Thank you!!