Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-30-2012, 02:04 AM   #521
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Ah, gotcha mate

As PI said, they are usually just one shots that give a general "feel" of the title, almost like a sampler issue that you can pick up without needing too much backstory.

That said, last week's X-Men: Legacy issue #260.1 was the opposite (way to confuse everyone Marvel) it was the first non Mike Carey written issue in over six years, and really established where Gage and Co plan on taking the book. It was fantastic
same with Secret Avengers 21.1 (good times on it)

I've been majorly disappointed with EVERY .1 issue I've read before SA 21.1 came along. Its hard to sort the crap from the treasure but every now and then Marvel surprises me.

I think the next .1 issue is Amazing Spidey on Feb 15th...definitely going to be waiting for a review on that one before adding it to my cart. There's already 2 other ASM issues coming out this month, did Marvel really feel there was a need for a third??
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #522
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Here's a Hulk question: When did the Hulk stop being bulletproof and why? The past few years, I've seen so many instances of the Hulk bleeding. So now the Hulk's skin isn't impenetrable, so he can be cut? Does he have a healing factor now?

Any info on this will be much appreciated because this has been bugging the crap out of me.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #523
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Ok, so I haven't read any Batman comics since "Long Halloween/Dark Victory", although he appeared in various comics i've read since, like "Infinite Crisis" etc., but nothing specific about Bats...So what I want to know now is this:
What Batman run of the last 10-15 years is worth reading, since I haven't kept up?
I only hear negative thing coming out of the DC camp, so I was wondering...
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #524
Rocket
Art of Mod

Peter, it's a safe bet that if it's a Batman book and Scott Snyder wrote it, it's brilliant
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #525
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Here's a Hulk question: When did the Hulk stop being bulletproof and why? The past few years, I've seen so many instances of the Hulk bleeding. So now the Hulk's skin isn't impenetrable, so he can be cut? Does he have a healing factor now?

Any info on this will be much appreciated because this has been bugging the crap out of me.
He's bulletproof to small arms fire; the bigger the projectile, the more likely he is to catch it and throw it back, or let it hit him and heal up (after smashing what shot it).
I'm pretty sure I've seen him hit by tank rounds before, and shrug them off. His skin can't be cut except by "higher-end" metals (maybe just Adamantium), so it stands to reason that (momentum notwithstanding) any small-arms munitions still can't hurt him.

With the Hulk, it always depends on who's writing him (and what version of the Hulk has surfaced); every writer varies his limitations, to some degree.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #526
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Hulk heals faster than anyone or at least he did i'm not sure now.
In one issue Speedfreek cut the Hulk and he held his guts in and he healed in seconds in fact his fingers healed into his stomach so he pulled his fingers out of his stomach and it healed closed.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #527
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Hulk heals faster than anyone or at least he did i'm not sure now.
In one issue Speedfreek cut the Hulk and he held his guts in and he healed in seconds in fact his fingers healed into his stomach so he pulled his fingers out of his stomach and it healed closed.
As far as his healing's concerned, he can withstand everything from complete evisceration to nuclear explosions (a Gamma-fueled nuclear explosion might slow him down a little.. ), and has.. he just has to have the required time to heal from it. We're talking minutes here, not hours.

A great example of his healing factor was during WWH vs. X-Men, when Shadowcat (another character I love) phased him partially into the ground. He was in agonizing pain, and the X-Men thought the fight was over (and the Hulk irreversibly crippled) so they turned their backs on him to discuss the severity of what Kitty had just done to him...

... giving the Hulk the few seconds necessary to pull his arms free of the ground, earth/cement/etc still imbedded within his limbs. Then he proceeded to go to town on those Puny Mutants.

Hulk Smash.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #528
Dark Knight
The Cuban Crusader

Peter, I would recommend these trades from within the time frame you are asking about:

Batman: Hush
Batman: Under The Hood Vol. 1 & 2
Batman: Face The Face
Batman: Detective
Batman: Death and the City
Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul

For some Dick Grayson Batman action, I would recommend Batman: Long Shadows. I would also highly recommend the trades collecting the Stephanie Brown Batgirl series and the Red Robin series, as well as Nightwing: Freefall and Nightwing: The Great Leap. As far as the current series goes, I recommend Batman, Detective, Batgirl, Nightwing and Batwing.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #529
demonhunter
Kingpin

I have a question about Captain America.

Superman is an all round nice guy/good guy superhero and his good heart nature and moral code is heavily attributed to the upbringing by Pa and Ma Kent.

What about Steve Rogers?
Why is he such a 'good hearted' noble guy?
Did he have similar good upbringing by his parents?
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #530
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

I have a question about Captain America.

Superman is an all round nice guy/good guy superhero and his good heart nature and moral code is heavily attributed to the upbringing by Pa and Ma Kent.

What about Steve Rogers?
Why is he such a 'good hearted' noble guy?
Did he have similar good upbringing by his parents?
My guess is that he was a farm boy raised in a very simplier time.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote