Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

12" Hot Toys Movie Thor Figure

If anyoneis interested the Hot Toys Movie Thor Figure is on ebay for preorder.
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
06gto

The movie looks great and Hemsworth looks good as Thor . The only thing I don't like are the biker pants. They look like they found some leftovers on the old Ghost Rider movie set ?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
06gto

. . . . . . or maybe they found a haberdashery in New York City's Meatpacking District ?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

Thanks for the heads-up.

I've been getting 1/6th scale movie-style Marvel figures since the first Spider-Man movie. Say what you will, but the Marvel Studios Daredevil, 2003 rotocast roaring Hulk, and rotocast Cyclops are still my favorites.

I'd love to get an in-scale movie-style Thor, but I have to admit that Hot Toys is kind of taking the fun out of it. Getting figures like these for $15 to $25 (in the case of the short-lived Marvel Studios) was cool... but then, Hot Toys started producing essentially perfect 1/6 figures that looked like the actor in costume shrunk to 30cm... and charging accordingly. The Hot Toys Black Widow is amazing... but I just can't make myself pay statue prices for a doll.

Kind of like what happened after Kenner made all those cool 1/6 scale Star Wars figures, and Sideshow started releasing dolls in the same scale that were even more detailed and better-sculpted. I wasn't going to pay $95 and up per figure for Sideshow's, but suddenly, it wasn't quite as much fun to display the Kenners, any more.

So unless these things drop substantially in price on the secondary market, I can probably forget about adding the Hot Toys Thor to the collection.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote