Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-14-2018, 01:44 AM   #371
dao2
Cyclops

Were there even lights on the proto o_0?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:13 AM   #372
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Isnt smough himself 3 times ornsteins size, his hammer alone is the size of ornstein. You're looking at a potentially 1.7k usd statue if made to scale.
A. I’d pay that if it was done well at the same scale

B. I think they could make the piece, or large sections like the hammer hollow to save on materials

C. They could play with scale and just make him bigger than Ornstein and I’d be ok with that too
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #373
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Alex seemed quite adamant against making Nito into scale and making it into a 900dollar statue. I don't see why not tbh for smough as long as the line continues to sell well and people want it enough.

I would pander a similar footprint to Nito at the 600-700 dollar range. Easy price accessibility is a serious consideration on F4F's part.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #374
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
They have said the light will be reworked to be very bright.
Unfortunately no they didn't. They said they were that it's EL wiring - and that's the brightest they go. Only LEDs go so bright but they are spotted dots and they wanted to avoid that.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #375
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Alex seemed quite adamant against making Nito into scale and making it into a 900dollar statue. I don't see why not tbh for smough as long as the line continues to sell well and people want it enough.

I would pander a similar footprint to Nito at the 600-700 dollar range. Easy price accessibility is a serious consideration on F4F's part.
I’d take that. They could do a Smough that’s the same height as Ornstein and maybe have the pillar be smaller to represent scale (or not even bother to reference scale since I’m just mainly interested in a 1/4esque sized mock-up of that glorious armor).
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #376
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

I like the idea of Ornstein's Ex but I'm not a fan of how it turned out. The light up feature is pointless, not noticeable and will only cheapen the statue.

I would have preferred a clear resin effect without lights, this way they don't hollow out the base and figure for a useless feature no one will use.

Overall, it's a nice piece at a great price but I don't know if I should go for the regular instead.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:30 AM   #377
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
I like the idea of Ornstein's Ex but I'm not a fan of how it turned out. The light up feature is pointless, not noticeable and will only cheapen the statue.

I would have preferred a clear resin effect without lights, this way they don't hollow out the base and figure for a useless feature no one will use.

Overall, it's a nice piece at a great price but I don't know if I should go for the regular instead.
It's the exact same price and it will be the same weight and design except without the extra arm, so unless you're saving on shipping or something might as well get ex
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:54 AM   #378
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Not too crazy about the weak led lights, having strong leds is probably more true to the game. I'll probably be displaying the regular spear.

Word is out the actual depth of the piece is 70cm, I'm just Glad I can fit him in my pax now if I display him slightly on his side.

Exclusive might be the same price, but ppl can save from shipping and import costs if they pick it up from a local retailer. Sif regular versus exclusive is like a 230usd difference for me.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #379
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
They have said the light will be reworked to be very bright.
That's a great news! Even without that its an amazing statue.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #380
Mar-l-Aoutat
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So I received my Sif. A lot of people are complaning about the base, and it's not perfect but it looks great.

Here is my video review, with size comparison, prototype comparison and close-ups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSdY84OhwSQ

And here some pics to show you a bit what it looks like:

Mar-l-Aoutat is offline   Reply With Quote