Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #501
gearhead
The Herculoids

Definitely a design flaw. 12 o'clock should have been solid and 6 o'clock should have been the removable one if need be. Now that I know my light is OK I'm going to epoxy that piece in. It's not broken, but it's certainly not as secure as I'd like. What did you do about yours being broken? Have you contacted SS?
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:35 AM   #502
dr_vasanth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Batman (Black Edition) Prime scale statue by Iron Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Definitely a design flaw. 12 o'clock should have been solid and 6 o'clock should have been the removable one if need be. Now that I know my light is OK I'm going to epoxy that piece in. It's not broken, but it's certainly not as secure as I'd like. What did you do about yours being broken? Have you contacted SS?
Yup..they offered a partial refund vs. waiting for options (apparently Iron Studios didn't send them any replacement statues and they said that I would have to wait until they contacted Iron Studios to figure out what they were going to do!). I didn't want to go through all that trouble and the partial refund was reasonable. So, I took it..
dr_vasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:23 AM   #503
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilio93 View Post
Did anyone else have issues with theirs either having broken or chipped pieces? Also the bat signal has a large circle indent in the center of it
Your piece definitely looks damaged. Not how it should be. I would contact who you purchased from. Sorry to see that after the wait!
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #504
jaw40688
Doh!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilio93 View Post
Did anyone else have issues with theirs either having broken or chipped pieces? Also the bat signal has a large circle indent in the center of it
Can relate with the gauntlet piece. Honestly, after finding it, I just glued it in. Works well. Had two of them disconnected. My biggest gripe is that I have 2 angry portraits...no neutral. Still waiting to hear back from Sideshow about options from Iron studios. Their response times have been well over their 2 business days quoted on their website.

Sorry to see this too.
jaw40688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #505
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I sold my Vader and will likely not buy another IS piece due to the generally sloppy QC and questionable design choices. They're not even at PCS' level, and they're charging Prime 1 prices for it.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #506
AlexC
Doh!

Has anyone figured out where the three extra rods supposed to go? Wish they had included some instructions... Thanks!
And btw, be very careful if you tilt the base. I was trying to turn on the light by tilting the base toward the front (without the statue) and almost ended up breaking the protruding rods in the front. Thankfully, no harm done. But be aware that you should not tilt the base in any direction except maybe toward the back (no rods were inserted behind the base).
AlexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #507
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
Has anyone figured out where the three extra rods supposed to go? Wish they had included some instructions... Thanks!
And btw, be very careful if you tilt the base. I was trying to turn on the light by tilting the base toward the front (without the statue) and almost ended up breaking the protruding rods in the front. Thankfully, no harm done. But be aware that you should not tilt the base in any direction except maybe toward the back (no rods were inserted behind the base).
Just fish around the base and you can see a few spaces to add them. I just put them anywhere they would hold. They add nothing really but they should have done a better job at detailing where they go or just have left them out. Sorry I can't provide a better answer.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:02 AM   #508
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I sold my Vader and will likely not buy another IS piece due to the generally sloppy QC and questionable design choices. They're not even at PCS' level, and they're charging Prime 1 prices for it.
i love my vader.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #509
sluysken
Fantastic Four

mine has chips off tip of the gun and piece that go in the gun they offered $75 off after it took two weeks to get back to me don't know what to do
sluysken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:05 PM   #510
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Damn that's disappointing! You guys have waited what seems like ages for this. This hobby is a heart breaker at times
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote