Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #11
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Would you mind expanding on Paul's history? What went on with the guy that made this "scam" seemed more legit?
Apparently he first got caught recasting and selling other artist's work on the RPF, and got banned. Then, when Lucas Francis Studios (of which Paul was a partner of) had the Terminator license, apparently he was forging COAs.

Here's a full thread from the RPF detailing it further: https://www.therpf.com/forums/thread...sideshow.1711/
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #12
Python
Omega Red

Oh dear....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #13
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Paul is no longer employed by CC. He made a post on his FB.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #14
Dinos4Ever

I'm speaking with a friend who got the email after preordering the Cryocan (which in itself is suspicious) and read through the 15 page affidavit included with it. There's a lot of legalese here, and most of it seems pretty boilerplate. It implicates Herbert Brown in medical fraud (https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ork-never-done), but seems to make no mention of Chronicle anywhere. I'm not even sure if this Herbert Brown guy really is involved with Chronicle. The fact that these emails appear to be leaching off Chronicle's purchase emails just adds suspicion to this whole thing and it's just coming off as a smear campaign. We're getting a lot of information here, but few answers.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #15
Gathro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
I'm speaking with a friend who got the email after preordering the Cryocan (which in itself is suspicious) and read through the 15 page affidavit included with it. There's a lot of legalese here, and most of it seems pretty boilerplate. It implicates Herbert Brown in medical fraud (https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ork-never-done), but seems to make no mention of Chronicle anywhere. I'm not even sure if this Herbert Brown guy really is involved with Chronicle. The fact that these emails appear to be leaching off Chronicle's purchase emails just adds suspicion to this whole thing and it's just coming off as a smear campaign. We're getting a lot of information here, but few answers.
Trust me as someone who is a fan of this company I hope its not true. I just would love to hear from someone associated with the company that this is all BS.
Gathro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #16
Dinos4Ever

I don't doubt it's coincidence that this weekend of all weekends was picked, knowing full well the Chronicle will likely not be able to address this until Tuesday at the earliest.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #17
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Apparently he first got caught recasting and selling other artist's work on the RPF, and got banned. Then, when Lucas Francis Studios (of which Paul was a partner of) had the Terminator license, apparently he was forging COAs.

Here's a full thread from the RPF detailing it further: https://www.therpf.com/forums/thread...sideshow.1711/
Thanks for the link mate. That proves some of my suspicions regarding Paul.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #18
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well the company seems to be doing just fine in his absence. Maybe they just got rid of dead weight.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #19
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

like everyone else i hope none of it is true, as CC has done some excellent work and great customer service.

but after PCS and the amount of time sink / pain i went through to get my money from that thief jerry macaluso and the new owners, i will not be placing any preorders with this company until everything is cleared up 100%. Or will just buy after they start shipping.

The problem with all those preorders in this hobby is by the time they suppose to ship, you have lost all leverage and protection for CC or PayPal claim/chargeback, and is at the complete mercy of the company to honor their order.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #20
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:

Not defending the guy ... hell I stopped ordering from CC years ago (various reasons), but that thread is from 2005 and from what I recall, some notable "legit" companies also started out in the recast market before they became respectable.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote