Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-13-2020, 04:41 PM   #71
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
im not saying it doesnt look a little odd because it does, im just saying they went through a lot of trouble to design and sculpt it so i assume they had a reason behind it and not just some misguided forced perspective thing
You just beat me to it.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:32 PM   #72
SONICobra
Batman

has there been any mention of the computer on facebook or whatever? i saw that loke mentioned the ribs and head size
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:10 PM   #73
slynger
Hellboy

The statue as a whole is amazing. Probably the best Batman I have ever seen - and I'm not even a big fan of the character. Kudos to P1 for nailing this piece.

That being said, that rib area needs some serious attention. I'm sure it will be fixed as P1 has a pretty good rep when it comes to things like this.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #74
Royalguard
The Avengers

Looks great, however I just preordered the hush black variant, and have DKIII on order as well....
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #75
BurningRage
The Maxx

I need it
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #76
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Looks good, except for the computer. Not for me though. I'm holding out hope for a Neil Adams Batman as my blue/grey. Just not a fan of the Jim Lee look. Until then Iron Studios 1/3 will do just fine.

As for the computer, maybe they took the art it's from too literally. Looks as if that should be the main batcomputer that's back in the distance behind him. Obviously that doesn't work in 3D. Who knows, just a thought.
Yeah, the more I think about it that IS a big sticking point for me when comparing to the first statue. At least that base makes sense. Not sure how well that cape around the right hand is working out, either. I like the rest of it so much (if the ribs really are some magical optical illusion), but some of it is odd....
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:17 PM   #77
azurepred
Zot

The computer by his knee really makes no sense in 3D. If that and the rib got removed, this might be my first Prime Bats.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:26 AM   #78
Karnis
Blue Falcon

P1 posted on Facebook that is a mini motion detection terminal on the base and they appear in the book. Not a forced perspective thing. And if you check other JL based Batman/Superman statues, both characters have exaggerated rib cages. It's one of his things....like Rob Leifeld feet.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:30 AM   #79
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Is it wrong that I want statues even more when people whine about them being 1/3rd
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:02 AM   #80
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I just don't understand why the same people continue to complain about it year after year when they KNOW what P1 is. This is what they make. This is what they do. If someone doesn't want 1/3 because they feel they're too big/expensive fine, I get it. But I just don't understand what the never ending fretting about it on the same message boards, to the same small # of people time after time after time is going to accomplish. But I guess when you're this interested in a hobby that revolves so much around waiting for things, this is what you do. If you come to the P1 board because you're just interested in the hobby and you want to keep up on what they're making, ok. But if you're here to just have these never ending responses of "I wish they weren't 1/3" I mean my God......move on already. What are you accomplishing.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote