Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #1581
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Congrats mate. That is nice and I'd like a variant too. Just wish he'd used a masked version of Star Lord in the Centre
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #1582
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Congrats, looks great!! Gonna have to track down a variant myself someday. Price is just too high right now for my liking.
Thanks man. I know what you mean. The price is insane. Not many people would drop that much as I have. Hopefully one turns out at a good price.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #1583
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Congrats mate. That is nice and I'd like a variant too. Just wish he'd used a masked version of Star Lord in the Centre
Or at least had the second Quill portrait in his mask. At least the variant actually has the mask. As much as I like the colors on the reg, getting the variant was a no brainer since the reg doesn't have it.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #1584
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Whalen: Army of Darkness

Received this morning. [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:01 AM   #1585
TheYoungWolf

Some new prints my girlfriend picked up for my birthday; couldn't be happier with them. Nightwing and Game of Thrones.. she knows me well.

The seller of the Nightwing print included a second one for free and if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure it's Medusa of the Inhumans(?). Not very familiar with them, so I'll probably just frame it up and re-gift it to a close friend of mine.

Also snagged this huge Alex Ross - Guardians of the Galaxy poster from my lcs earlier today, purely on impulse. Looked too awesome to pass up for the price!

TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #1586
bloodrain

that is a cool Nightwing and GoT print.

Alex Ross did a bunch of art for Marvel 75th anniversary this year. All were used as rare variants to comics this year. I picked up that same variant guardians comic a few weeks ago. pricey but cool.
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #1587
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
Alex Ross did a bunch of art for Marvel 75th anniversary this year. All were used as rare variants to comics this year. I picked up that same variant guardians comic a few weeks ago. pricey but cool.
I was excited when they announced Alex Ross covers for the anniversary. But when I saw they were all variants that ended my interest. I can't remember how variants worked in the 90s. But I don't recall paying $50+ for them on release day...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #1588
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I was excited when they announced Alex Ross covers for the anniversary. But when I saw they were all variants that ended my interest. I can't remember how variants worked in the 90s. But I don't recall paying $50+ for them on release day...
Digging that Nightwing!
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #1589
Isildur's bane
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just received this gorgeous 13 color screenprint:

Isildur's bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #1590
bloodrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
these were very limited. Each store gets 1 for every 75 comics of that book they order. most of these being regular numbered books means the likelihood that many were ordered is slim
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote