CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
awesome! DC will never do something like this
DCD already did a Vampiric Batman statue that was sculpted by Paquet and is just as nice as that one but a less stylized take on that Elseworlds Bats (it is 1:6 to boot!).

The grave stone piece was done as a snowglobe. I agree that it is a travesty that a FS version was not done. Personally the head on the sculpt is not my favorite flavor of Batman.(I prefer longer ears and a smaller chin.)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I like the DC Covergirls series (which I have all) but other then a Harley Quinn sitting on cards; build a scene JLA and a BD Sandman I don't any other statues. I don't like there 1:4 line and it's almost like they make 1 statue a year.

Koto several years ago did some DC stuff such as the Jim Lee Batman & Catwoman and an anime style Supergirl which I also owned.

I wish DCD would just release the 1:4 line to SSC (I think they are the only company with enough talent).
Yup because Bergholtz, Villafane and Matthews have no skills
5 of the 6 1:4 DCD PF's are great with the line evolving in a positive direction with each offering. Harley is a pretty substantial offering and with the inclusion of the Hyenas may be one of the more dynamic and complex PF's offered by anyone.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
joestatue
Frackin!

I like both DC and Marvel characters, but most of my collection is Marvel, just because Bowen does such a good job. My favorite character is Batman, but so few the the statues made of him are good in my opinion.
joestatue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
DCD does it's own thing and always has. DCD was the first to produce the confrontation style dios and their Batman Vs. Croc is yet to be surpassed.
An absolutely amazing piece.

Quote:
The covergirls line is on par sculpt and quality wise with BD. Granted they are 15-20% smaller but their price is less than half of that of a BD museum pose. The DCU Online line seems to be following this trend and has already hinted at rarely and never before sculpted pieces being done.
I would argue that their paintjobs are superior to Bowen's (at least with the Cover Girls line that I collect).

Their upcoming Blackest Night busts look like they're going to be amazing, sculpt & paintwise but we'll see how the produced pieces come out.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #16
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
Tha's coz you don't have THESE:

who told you my weaknesses you SOB???????do you enjoy watching a grown man CRY??
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #17
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
DCD already did a Vampiric Batman statue that was sculpted by Paquet and is just as nice as that one but a less stylized take on that Elseworlds Bats (it is 1:6 to boot!).

The grave stone piece was done as a snowglobe. I agree that it is a travesty that a FS version was not done. Personally the head on the sculpt is not my favorite flavor of Batman.(I prefer longer ears and a smaller chin.)
I stand corrected got pics?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #18
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I stand corrected got pics?
Believe it or not I actually sold both these pieces.

The snowglobe because the size bothered me and I tripled my money on the sale. While the theme is wonderful the Bat's sculpt just wasn't my favorite take on the character which made it easy to move.

The Vampire Bat's, I regret selling for sure. A great piece with a wonderful sculpt and large scale (1:6 at a minimum.) It just didn't fit in that well with the displays I was going for at the time and no one in my female filled home liked it (but in the post Twillight world it may be a different story.)

Here are a couple "bing'd" pic's to whet your appitite though...
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmvampbox2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	60399
Click image for larger version

Name:	DWK.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	60400
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #19
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I never even knew about the Red Rain statue before. Something else I'm going to have to keep an eye out for, I loved that trilogy of books, probably my favourite Batman related Elseworlds stories that DC did.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #20
kirthew
Zot

I love that Batman Snowglobe... and would kill for a Fullsize statue of that... it just screams everything that Bruce Wayne is...

The problem with DC Direct is that they start statue lines with their three Heavy Hitters... and then stop...

Lately they have ventured out, I will give them credit... but how far have they gone... The entire JLA? (Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman)... Their VS line... (I am still waiting for the Batman vs Batman statue) and the DC Online (All based on Jim Lee art, with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman)

I don't know... as a company... I still question their decisions... until I get a bust line that goes deeper than 12 busts... they are going to be seen as the same ole dc direct.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote