Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Keith Kopinski

Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

RHINO WIP

ROUGH

Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

That's cool.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

damn man that sick. i think i like this version better than SS.
cant wait to see the progress on this beast.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
GedTasker
Home Grown Mod

WOW Keith this looks incredible mate!!

It looks like a super sculpey firm WIP... is you digital
sculpting technique more or less the same as sculpting in clay?
GedTasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GedTasker View Post
WOW Keith this looks incredible mate!!

It looks like a super sculpey firm WIP... is you digital
sculpting technique more or less the same as sculpting in clay?
I can very much tell you that my digital technique is almost EXACTLY like my clay technique...

I rough in the basic proportions of the figure, THEN I IMMEDIATELY pose the piece... screw the built symmetry feature after that as there is nothing symmetrical about human body movement.

I would post a step by step on my process, but people just don't give a rat's a$$ about digital and they write it off as "cheating" and "lifeless"...
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Oh and many thanks guys... this is very much barely begun as a sculpt... It's very gestural still and not really refined.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
I can very much tell you that my digital technique is almost EXACTLY like my clay technique...

I rough in the basic proportions of the figure, THEN I IMMEDIATELY pose the piece... screw the built symmetry feature after that as there is nothing symmetrical about human body movement.

I would post a step by step on my process, but people just don't give a rat's a$$ about digital and they write it off as "cheating" and "lifeless"...
well ill tell you right now thats a crock of SH*T! and those people haven't got a clue. you still have to have the talent and an artistic eye and knowledge to be able to apply it to digital sculpting as you would in traditional. the only difference is the tools that are being used. and the fact that your not actually using your hands to feel the clay when sculpting. instead of using an armature and clay your using a computer and programs to sculpt with. so the artist still has to use their mind to apply their knowledge to digital sculpting. so the esthetics and techniques are still all the same. your digital work is proof of that. (phenomenal by the way) i guarantee if you photo shopped your digital work to look like your traditional work. no one would be able to tell the difference.
even though im not a digital sculptor. i have had digital sculpting commissions done for me in the past. so i for one do give a rats ass about digital as much as traditional. and dont judge artists or think they are cheating becasue they work with certain tools or mediums to sculpt with. regardless if its clay or a computer. i would love to know what your step by step process is. and im sure for any digital sculptor out there would love to know it as well.and im guessing some traditional ones would like to know it as well. becasue your extremely talented and a true master of your craft.

Quote:
Oh and many thanks guys... this is very much barely begun as a sculpt... It's very gestural still and not really refined.
well its going to be one killer piece for sure. i do want to mention i really like the texture you gave to his skin on his left side. i know its not refined but i can imaging what it would look like all over his body and get an idea where your going with it.
im really liking what i am seeing so far.
cant wait to see the final outcome if this piece.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
GedTasker
Home Grown Mod

Quote:

I thought so Keith... the left side of this sculpt looks exactly like the 'build-up' on one of your clay pieces. I think thats why your digital work is so good. I've seen digital sculpts that do look 'lifeless' and just too damn symmetrical.. even in a movement pose all the muscles are the exactly the same on both sides of the body!! The anatomy and muscle detail in your work is incredible though Keith.. it has such a 'real life' feel to it.. this Rhino sculpt looks exactly how i'd picture a huge fella in a tight rhino suit would REALLY look!! But still having that fantasy / comic book feel to it.

I really hope this becomes another Kdawg Bowen piece!! I saw a pic of that Executioner printed and it looks absolutely IMMENSE!!

I would DEFINITELY love to see a step by step of your process Keith.. and i know there are many others that would aswell!! Go for it mate!!
GedTasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:

Before digital sculpting became as popular as it is today. I prefered traditional sculpts myself. But some surfing on the Zbrush forum and digital sculpters including yourself have me convinced that digital sculpts is the future.

I prefer digital sculpts now more than the traditional sculpts.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote