Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #11
Peedi
The Secret Six

They’d make one, but they know how much y’all are gonna complain about a cloth cape being used by a company that rose to prominence by using cloth .

They’ve been doing Marvel 1/4 scale since what like 2005? I’m still waiting on Beast, both Archangel and Angel, Blade, Luke Cage, Jubilee, the rest of the Fantastic Four, Hercules, Professor X, Hobgoblin, Iceman, Mr. Sinister, Bishop, Doctor Octopus, Quicksilver...I’m sure some of y’all would appreciate a classic Ghost Rider.... I’d love to see a few characters not done in a while like Silver Surfer and comic book Iron Man revisit. I get them doing multiple Wolverines and Spider-Mans, the most popular characters need to be on hand, but it’s choices like a 3rd Emma and Kid Deadpool in a kiddie pool that make the fact they’ve skipped a lot of higher profile characters over all of these years seem silly.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #12
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
They’d make one, but they know how much y’all are gonna complain about a cloth cape being used by a company that rose to prominence by using cloth .

They’ve been doing Marvel 1/4 scale since what like 2005? I’m still waiting on Beast, both Archangel and Angel, Blade, Luke Cage, Jubilee, the rest of the Fantastic Four, Hercules, Professor X, Hobgoblin, Iceman, Mr. Sinister, Bishop, Doctor Octopus, Quicksilver...I’m sure some of y’all would appreciate a classic Ghost Rider.... I’d love to see a few characters not done in a while like Silver Surfer and comic book Iron Man revisit. I get them doing multiple Wolverines and Spider-Mans, the most popular characters need to be on hand, but it’s choices like a 3rd Emma and Kid Deadpool in a kiddie pool that make the fact they’ve skipped a lot of higher profile characters over all of these years seem silly.
Options are always good for collectors, that is why a cloth and sculpt cape dual option is great, just like Prime 1 did Hush 1/3 Superman, a stellar piece.

And by the way, some of SSCs best pieces have sculpted capes including the original Thor PF, and many were fully sculpted including Hulk vs Spider-Man dio, Wolverine vs Sabretooth, X-men diorama series, Stealth Ironman Cq, Venom/Spidey/Carnage Comiquettes, IM legendary scale bust, Galactus LSB/LSF etc.

So no, mixed media was not the sole medium that raised their initial reputation, their fully sculpted pieces definitely contributed as well.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #13
SONICobra
Batman

strange is a prime character to test their new engineering and courage with precarious poses, im sure they could have a lot of fun with it
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:55 PM   #14
cjacobs83
Justice League

Quote:

Don’t forget nightcrawler
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #15
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
Yes, we need Kurt in 1/4 scale glory.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #16
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
It’s actually crazy that I missed naming Nightcrawler because he’s one of my favorite characters and highest wants!

So much that I’m actually scarred for SS to make him. If they do too much outside of his classic costume or mess up the face I’m going to be greatly disturbed.

Shout out to House of X #4, yikes!
Old 09-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #17
Rav
The Spirit

We need a red Nightcrawler variant as a homage to House of X/PoX

Fully sculpted of course.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:03 PM   #18
Peedi
The Secret Six

But that wasn’t Nightcrawler though...

he was Cardinal, one of Mr. Sinister’s chimera mutants made from combining the genetics of pureblood mutants. It’s not broken down why Cardinal is red but my guess is because Nightcralwer has blue fur/hair all over, and one of Cardinal’s genetic contributors is an unspecified Grey, both Jean and Racheal are redheads. I couldn’t place who the other genetics of his come from, “Freeman”.

But they could totally cloth that costume dude. That belt and shirt...Dreams of fabric
Old 09-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #19
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
But that wasn’t Nightcrawler though...

he was Cardinal, one of Mr. Sinister’s chimera mutants made from combining the genetics of pureblood mutants. It’s not broken down why Cardinal is red but my guess is because Nightcralwer has blue fur/hair all over, and one of Cardinal’s genetic contributors is an unspecified Grey, both Jean and Racheal are redheads. I couldn’t place who the other genetics of his come from, “Freeman”.

But they could totally cloth that costume dude. That belt and shirt...Dreams of fabric
Yep, would make a cool variant. He looked great.

Freeman could be Ajax, but he wasn’t a mutant so that seemed wrong, even so genetic modification could be passed down as a false mutation. Another possibility is Windshear’s Mother, Jacqueline Freeman or some relative associated with her.

Nah, Kurt has to be fully sculpted in all his glory like the 1/5 version. No PJs for him. Don’t want another teddy bear Sabertooth fiasco.

Resin port and smoke effects would be great too.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #20
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Yep, would make a cool variant. He looked great.

Freeman could be Ajax, but he wasn’t a mutant so that seemed wrong, even so genetic modification could be passed down as a false mutation. Another possibility is Windshear’s Mother, Jacqueline Freeman or some relative associated with her.

Nah, Kurt has to be fully sculpted in all his glory like the 1/5 version. No PJs for him. Don’t want another teddy bear Sabertooth fiasco.

Resin port and smoke effects would be great too.
I don’t have the fabric hang ups that some of yal have. I’ve had more issues with sculpted elements than fabric coming from sideshow. They keep sending out broken $#!+. But I’ll agree Nightcrawler doesn’t need any fabric if they stick to his traditional/classic costume. Depending on how they pose Dr. Strange I don’t care either way, fabric or sculpted cape, I’d be interested as long as the pose, details and face work, and before prices go up another $100.