Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #4261
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi Mr. Arigato!

Just wondering when we might hear news of next lines? I am specifically wondering on marvel artfx+ but i think a lot of people were hoping for other updates at NYCC

Maybe at SDCC?

Thank you!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #4262
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Seriously? This line was supposed to have "LEGS" according to Dan when these were first announced. They need to continue this line. The demand is definitely out there for them. A couple more good guys and 5-6 villains.

Still no answer on Star Wars either. I really hope they can provide something.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:28 PM   #4263
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Is there any chance for a re-release of Kotobukiya Bishoujo DC Huntress statue from sometime back ? If the weird arm could be fixed on the re-release, that would be a bonus too!
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #4264
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

90Thank you for the interactions, Mr. Arigato!

Just three things from me:

First, thank you for the Mary Shazam Bishoujo, I have always wanted one, but never thought she would get one! Was very happy and surprised to see that announcement!

Second, any plan for a Mera Bishoujo? She's been a very popular character lately, especially with her great appearance in the Aquaman movie, and would make a beautiful Bishoujo with her water theme! Please put her on the short list!

Third, love those GI Joe Bishoujos, Scarlett, Baroness and Lady Jaye all look great! Please don't forget Cover Girl, she should be next, and then Zarana, too!

Thanks again, keep up the great work!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:46 AM   #4265
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
Is there any chances of a second run of the DC line is 1/6 scale. Reseller's are marking these up to $450.00 and more. The collector's who missed out need to catch a break.
DC Bishoujos or some other DC line? Am curious, which one in particular goes for that much??
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #4266
Vykk Draygo

I'd love to see more artfx+ Star Wars. Will we see more, especially from the original trilogy? I'd also love to see an expansion into KOTOR, even the toys Hasbro has done for it (well, just Revan so far) are popular. Still quite a few that should be made.

OT
Scout Trooper (maybe even with speeder bike?) or just a two pack
Lando (with Lobot, maybe?)
Jabba (with Bib or Salacious Crumb)
Boushh (with alternate Leia head)
maybe some Rebel troopers to offset all the imperial troopers

From KOTOR
HK-47
Revan
Malak
Bastila
T4 since you guys love to release astromechs
and so many others that could be done!
Vykk Draygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #4267
DCollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I would love to see Bishoujo re-releases of the original Wonder Woman and Batgirl. I have both, but they have the bad yellow paint QC issue.

Also, I would love to see a Mera Bishoujo.!
DCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #4268
elvirawynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post

We’d also like to start doing surveys on a semi-regular to see what kinds of products fans are interested in. Do you guys have preference for how this is handled? Instead of clogging up this thread, we will probably make a new one/do a survey through google.

Thanks!

-Mr. Arigato
In the past, there was polls on which Bishoujo character we would like to see next. I asked Gonk awhile back if this is something we would see again in future and he said there was a possibility.

Is there a chance based on this question if you would considering doing this fairly soonish?

The Bishoujo line is honestly my favourite pieces in my collection and any new announcements are always welcome.
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #4269
NegativeZero
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post
Nope, this is definitely not a Kotobukiya mandated policy!

No concrete details I can provide at this moment, it's definitely something we are considering after seeing all of the interest on here!

Please send an email to support@kotobukiya.co.jp
(It's a Japanese address but we will have English speaking staff respond to the inquiry)

Not currently to my knowledge, but I will pass along the suggestion!

Thank you for your comments. We definitely try to take our customers' opinions in mind when determining the prices for our statue. We try to do our best to provide the best quality product at the best possible price for everyone.

The BISHOUJO series has been around for almost ten years now, and we've seen a lot of changes in the industry over these ten years. Along with improvements in technology that have allowed us to make more detailed pieces, the costs involved with production have also increased, so it's a balancing act.

Scarlett in particular is a highly detailed piece with a lot of parts. That being said, not every statue we will release will be as elaborate or cost as much (we are trying to keep the MLP under $100, for example), so the range will vary.

Sorry it's not a very straightforward answer! TLDR; the prices will depend on the industry and market trends, but we always try to take the customers' opinions into consideration.
Thank you for your recommendation, unfortunately they said they have no stock left, so it seems they can do nothing
Guess I'm stuck

Last edited by NegativeZero; 03-16-2019 at 03:36 AM. Reason: spelling
NegativeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:40 AM   #4270
Kotobukiya_EN
Koto CS
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
Hi Mr. Arigato!

Just wondering when we might hear news of next lines? I am specifically wondering on marvel artfx+ but i think a lot of people were hoping for other updates at NYCC

Maybe at SDCC?

Thank you!
We generally try to have a lot of updates to reveal at events, and the next big one for us should be SDCC! Depending on how the product planning and production process is going, sometimes we have more announcements than others.

Gyoza and myself also run the social media accounts, so when there is something that I feel people will be excited about and no event in the near future, I'm trying to convince the product planners to let us reveal them online as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
Seriously? This line was supposed to have "LEGS" according to Dan when these were first announced. They need to continue this line. The demand is definitely out there for them. A couple more good guys and 5-6 villains.

Still no answer on Star Wars either. I really hope they can provide something.
I saw a question about Star Wars, but then when I was looking back to quote everything I couldn't find it. No exact details I can share right now, but there are definitely new things on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
Is there any chance for a re-release of Kotobukiya Bishoujo DC Huntress statue from sometime back ? If the weird arm could be fixed on the re-release, that would be a bonus too!
Thank you for the suggestion! We will take it into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
90Thank you for the interactions, Mr. Arigato!

Just three things from me:

First, thank you for the Mary Shazam Bishoujo, I have always wanted one, but never thought she would get one! Was very happy and surprised to see that announcement!

Second, any plan for a Mera Bishoujo? She's been a very popular character lately, especially with her great appearance in the Aquaman movie, and would make a beautiful Bishoujo with her water theme! Please put her on the short list!

Third, love those GI Joe Bishoujos, Scarlett, Baroness and Lady Jaye all look great! Please don't forget Cover Girl, she should be next, and then Zarana, too!

Thanks again, keep up the great work!
Thank you so much! We are all very pleased about the positive reactions we've been getting, both for Mary and G.I. Joe.

Thank you for the suggestions, Mera is one we get a lot, so she is definitely up for consideration. Hopefully we can continue to expand the G.I. Joe line with more characters as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
Is there any chances of a second run of the DC line is 1/6 scale. Reseller's are marking these up to $450.00 and more. The collector's who missed out need to catch a break.
Customer demand and the pricing in the market are both things we consider when determining which products to do reproductions of. I will pass along your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirawynter View Post
In the past, there was polls on which Bishoujo character we would like to see next. I asked Gonk awhile back if this is something we would see again in future and he said there was a possibility.

Is there a chance based on this question if you would considering doing this fairly soonish?

The Bishoujo line is honestly my favourite pieces in my collection and any new announcements are always welcome.
We will defintely include some questions about BISHOUJO when we do the survey. I will have to talk to the other product planners but hopefully we can get something together soon!

Official HP: http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp /
Facebook: https://www.facebook .com/kotobukiyaofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kotobukiya_en
My Figure Collection: https:// myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kotobukiya
Kotobukiya_EN is offline   Reply With Quote