Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #2181
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

$1300-1400 is barely a deal.
Go watch StatueForum's youtube review on this statue. It will tell you all about this piece. The people that have it will tell you its good and the best Venom.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #2182
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I was thinking about getting him myself even though I have the Prime 1 on pre order. I’ve always seen him for $1300-1400 shipped and I thought that was too high as well. I’ve never seen him for $1100. That’s a great price. Was it brand new or displayed?
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #2183
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The $1100 was sealed. That was the lowest I’ve seen him go, and that was just one time. 13-1400 is a lot of money but it seems that is what the aftermarket has settled at for this piece.
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #2184
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
The $1100 was sealed. That was the lowest I’ve seen him go, and that was just one time. 13-1400 is a lot of money but it seems that is what the aftermarket has settled at for this piece.
Here is what I paid when pre ordering from a seller in Singapore. This is what this stuff really costs. It’s the Shipping that is the killer.

I love when people brag about how quickly the shipment gets from Singapore to your house, only 4 days is correct, faster than UPS from Sideshow California. What they don’t tell you is that they bought a one way first class ticket from Singapore to your destination for 400 bucks. Sometimes it’s a little cheaper it depends on the Outer dimentions of the box not the weight.

XM Studios Venom
Payment sent 250USD
Balance 933USD /1250SGD
Shipping 365USD /490SGD
Payment sent 1298USD /1740SGD
1550.00 USD Total

Yep that’s a lot of money. It is what it is. People selling on the aftermarket are paying around the same, but are cool with taking a bath on the shipping.

To sell for 1100$ shipped is basically them eating the shipping they paid to get rid of it.

I do feel 1300 shipped is a good deal. For me I feel the presence and detail on him is top notch.

You’re welcome to watch my unboxing and assembly video. I try to capture as much of the detail as I can along with picking up the blue tinting on the paint.

If you do have a chance to see him locally please do as well. Good luck man 👍
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #2185
dinokiwi
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Ok guys, this may sound like an insulting question but I am genuinely curious. Is this Venom really THAT good? I mean he looks cool in pictures but the skin looks super clean and smooth and lacks detail. Is this different in person? I have a chance to get this for around $1300-$1400 shipped and I'm wondering if I should bite.
For me it is, well worth it. I like it in terms of size, proportions, and dynamic pose (not 100% happy with the tongue portrait, although it´s my favorite... not for quality, but desing, that's just me) The 3 headsculpts are a big plus, y really loved how the McFarlane's head looks (imo better than any other venom statue).

The symbiots on the ground are perfect! you can add them or just take them away (unlike P1 you can't take them away and are on the body), but I like them, it's a more dynamic touch.

As for the details it does have different tones on skin, also symbiotic stuff around the body, and the base don't minimize venom, and "tells" a story.

The price; well yeah it is very expensive, compared to what I usually collect (dinosaurs, aliens, dragons, kaijus...) but it's the price these movie/comic's statues usually sells for due the high demand... I mean I have better statues with higher level of details (scales, skin texture, sharper teeth...), more limited, some even are unique in the world... that costs me less than a quarter of the Venom price, but I really like venom and I had to have it... So if you really like him, go for it. If not, wait for something you like without questioning, there are a lot of customs coming out and the movie is this year.
dinokiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #2186
gem_mint
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm pretty sure I paid retail. With shipping it was around 1250.
gem_mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:06 AM   #2187
nywst
Doh!

Hi guys sorry for such a lateish post on this thread. I recently purchased a venom statue and have a feeling that it may be a recast. The packaging and everything (artprint, instructions) were on par with all other XM pieces I own but the statue itself is a bit off. If any of you guys could help me out and let me know if you you have experienced any of the same problems I have listed below that would be very helpful.

The only reason why I am questioning if it is a recast is because there were quite a few paint flaws/scuffs on it. In addition to that the statue is a bit wobbly. By that I mean the whole statue including the base is not perfectly flat and will not actually stand flat on a flat surface (it is slightly off). In addition to that, the sticker that is placed on the bottom of the statue (that says all the copyright info, brand names, edition number, etc. was not cut out perfectly and on one side of the base actually sticks out a bit. Also the pieces (especially the body to the base) were kinda hard to slide in which I feel like is a bit uncharacteristic of XM pieces.

The other two XM pieces I own did not have any of these problems so thats why I'm worried. Right no I'm trying to get the previous owner to transfer ownership of the piece to me on XMs website bc he claims to have it registered under his account.

I've attached some pictures to hopefully make my descriptions make more sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed 11.02.22 PM.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	116668   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-1 11.02.22 PM.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	116669   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-2 11.02.22 PM.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	116670   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-3 11.02.22 PM.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	116671  
nywst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #2188
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The only way to tell for sure is to get it registered (or in your case, have the previous owner transfer registration).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #2189
nywst
Doh!

Ok he actually successfully transfered it. I now see it in my account with the correct number.

So does that basically guarantee it's real?
nywst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:51 AM   #2190
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I would say so if it's legit showing up on your account profile on XM's website. The owner probably just didn't take the best care of it if it has scuffs and other minor issues.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote